iPhone odd noise from speaker

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Vegaspilot, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Vegaspilot macrumors regular

Just curious if anyone else notices a very light clicking or tapping sound when the keyboard is opened (not typing, but when the keyboard actually pops up so you can type). I notice it the most when on the Google home screen and you tap the search box and the keyboard pops up. Also when clearing the search history I hear the same sound three or four times. Kinda of a click click click click. It's very faint, but is definitely coming through the speaker. If I put it on vibrate or turn off keyboard sounds it doesn't do it. My old 3GS doesnt do it.
    I also noticed it's making the same noise from the speaker when you open and close the phone's key pad. I tried a hard reset and it had no affect. The sound is there regardless of the volume setting. I don't know what is causing it. You can hear the faint click/tap sound anytime an input method is opened (key pad, keyboard, even when opening the search page since it pulls up the keyboard). You can also hear it in headphones if they are plugged in. Hard reset and full restore made no difference. Trying to decide if its a return issue(hardware) or a software bug in 4.1.

2. jamescwarren macrumors 6502

jamescwarren

I know exactly what you mean! I noticed it a few weeks ago when opening the keyboard in certain apps, and also when navigating through certain menus. I wondered if it was just my phone, but it must be a couple, if not all. To be honest, the noise is so faint that I'm barely able to notice it... If other people iPhone 4s do it too, that's probably why it hasn't been mentioned before :eek: