iPhone OEM Ear Buds vs. Original Apple Ear Buds

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Aries326, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Aries326 macrumors 6502

Ok, this is driving me nuts. I haven't been able to find my ear buds for my iPhone for 3 weeks now. I want to buy a new set. Are the "OEM" ones on eBay that go for a third of the price really the same ones that Apple is selling for $30?

2. born4sky macrumors 6502a

born4sky

I'd say it's not 1) because it's ebay 2) you get what you paid.

From my own experience, I bought once 'apple' headphones from ebay and they looked the same but the quality is awful

3. Dizle macrumors 6502

The OEM ones are deff not apple headphones, search forr "orignal iphone headphones" and you should find some. Still be carefull b/c people will try to sell you fake **** and still claim its apples.

4. Aries326 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the help, guys. I decided to just splurge. I ended up getting a Ultimate Ears Super.fi 4vi. It seems like after researching this topic a bit more, it was worth checking one of these higher priced ear buds.

5. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

what really irks me is that before eboy, OEM USED to mean original, as in genuine parts. Now it's come to mean knock off. I don't know how this happened. I guess it's the same way people have come to refer to linking to a blog as "spam" and a temporarily disabled gadget as "bricked". The English language, in the hands of the internet, is going down the iTubes.