iPhone of the FUTURE!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LouieSamman, Jan 22, 2011.

1. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Now we speculate next years or even 2 years of what we might see in the next generation iPhone.

But how about.. 5-10 years?

The iPhone is only 4 years old and look how far it came from the 1st generation.

Fast navigating of the OS
    Slim & beautiful design
    Retina Display
    Awesome video and still photos
    Facetime
    & more.

So in looking into another 4 years & beyond how will the iPhone change things for many of us.

-Will it be our credit card?

-Will it replace many of peoples pocket cameras (SLR quality photos)?

-Will it get thin and light enough to a point where dropping it won't damage
    the phone whatsoever?

-Will we see an iOS that stores everything in the cloud (no backups, no
    syncing with iTunes)?

-Optical zoom?

-Will Apple go along with the 3D craze?

-Will we see a 3.7-4" iPhone display?

-Will the home button be removed and either disappear or become a side button to accommodate the bigger iPhone screen?

-Facetime on 3G? lol

Lets discuss and enjoy each others replies on our speculations. Thats what we do best after all. :)

2. possumwater macrumors regular

possumwater

Lemme check my baby girls magic 8 ball...

It said try again soon...

3. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

^^^^ this FTMFW

4. walie macrumors 6502a

almost all those things you propose ahve already been down by other phones

5. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

+7

Instead of rehashing already existing threads, lets just join them shall we.

Ladies..Gentlemen.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

But that thread’s for 15-20 years. :)

7. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Hah!

8. KSKENE247 macrumors member

iphone 6 will be 3D. Id bet well over 1000 dollars on that.

9. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

I'm too lazy to go to the thread that was linked in the other thread talking about this exact same topic but it was a clip of Futurama and the EyePhone. It was awesome.

10. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

These threads suck. The people where saying the exact same things about the Palm and iPaq back in 2000 and look at them now.

No one can predict the future.

11. theLaika macrumors newbie

theLaika

I highly doubt this. For sure, the picture quality will improve substantially from what it is currently. However, SLR quality isn't just down to the number of megapixels the camera has. Large sensors, the interchangeability with lenses, moving mirror systems (incl. viewfinder), and full manual control are something which would not likely appear on Apple's camera technology roadmap.

Moreover, if it's not something MOST customers will actually use, Apple isn't going to build it in. More likely, is features of more expensive digital cameras that would add value to the average iPhone user - we see this now in the HDR feature (or fake HDR) benefits most point-and-shoot users. A feature I could see them spending some R&D on is how to get higher ISO speeds and faster shutter speeds in order to get say, good concert photos (i.e. something iPhone users would benefit from.)

12. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Yeah, threads like this act like the iPhone is in it's own little tech bubble where only it advances. I remember making mixtapes off of records and the radio, I don't think I could have predicated that one day I'd be listening to music and checking my email on the bus while receiving an incoming phone call...all on the same device. And that was 20 years ago. My iPhone is more powerful than the first computer I bought for college. Tech advances, and a lot of it is dependent on other things advancing, we'll see when it gets here.

13. Zac7 macrumors 6502a

Why?

14. dontworry macrumors 6502

dontworry

yea, why? Of all tech companies out there, Apple is one that doesn't hop on the "new feature" train. They did have that patent though, but just like everything they will put their own spin on it.

15. ap3604, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2011

ap3604 macrumors 68000