iPhone on a Trip- out of coverage area

carfac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
Hi!

Like many of you, I am taking off for a long weekend tomorrow. I have a long drive, part of it through areas with potentially NO cell coverage.

I just moved over to the iCloud streaming... and it has been OK... even here in town I get drops and such. I intend on playing music through the drive, and the spots with the least cell coverage are where I will need the music the most!!

So can I tell iCloud to d/l a few gigs of music in advance to my iPhone? How do I do this? How would you prepare for a few hours of potentially no coverage?

Thanks!

carfac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
You can? Just sync it? How do I choose those songs out of the thousands also on iCloud?

Thanks!

----------

Sorry. Lu guess what I am saying us I have been running when I have lost connection before, and iTunes just hangs. I usually play a playlist on shuffle. So how could I ensure the playlist skips any non local music?

Thanks!

Bilalo

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2012
Oxford, England
You can? Just sync it? How do I choose those songs out of the thousands also on iCloud?

Thanks!

----------

Sorry. Lu guess what I am saying us I have been running when I have lost connection before, and iTunes just hangs. I usually play a playlist on shuffle. So how could I ensure the playlist skips any non local music?

Thanks!
Any songs on Icloud will also show in Itunes once you put your apple ID in. Then you download them from the cloud and make a playlist then sync I guess, or if u have 6 gb free then just sync all the thousand songs :D
How did you get them on the cloud if they arent on itunes? :S :S :S :S