iphone on at&t business account UPDATE from AT&T!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sr5878, Jan 15, 2008.

1. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

hey all

i've decided to go ahead and buy an iphone. i am a user on my father's at&t business line. i have been told by both apple and at&t that iphone will work on business accounts, but tonight i called at&t sales and they told me that it is not available on business accounts.

has anyone sucessfully activated an iphone with at&t business?

edit: this isnt a corporate account, it's a small business account.

2. the1payday macrumors 6502

the1payday

I'm doing it right now....also on my father's business account. I used Independence to activate the iPhone with my prior ATT SIM card. You just have to add an ATT data plan like "Media Max" or whatever you want to make up for the iPhone data plan.

3. sr5878 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i'd rather keep my iphone a jailbreak virgin... no visual voicemail with that anyways right?

theres no legit way to do this? wtf apple.

i'll try to convince my dad to convert the account to a family plan.

4. Chris29 macrumors member

Maybe try the reverse? I can use any carrier for work and get a discount on my iPhone 900 min plan as my company does "x" -amount of business with them overall. Its like 6%, but its something...

5. sr5878 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i dont quite understand what you mean...

6. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

If the business account is listed under a personal social security number and not a business tax id number you can do it. I have a business account, but listed under my personal SSN and it they activated it no problem.

7. sr5878 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nope, unfortunately... i've had to call before to upgrade texting on my current phone and they asked for tax id number for verification.

8. sr5878 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i just got off the phone with at&t, and after talking to two of the nicest customer service reps i've ever talked to, i garnered this information:

(i sent this to macrumors so i'm just copying+pasting)

I was just on the phone with AT&T customer service, regarding changing my business line to a personal FamilyTalk line for use of the iPhone. The guy told me it would be very expensive to do so ($18 per line!) but when I mentioned the iPhone he told me that iPhone would be available to business customers "very very soon" and implied (on purpose) that it could be as soon as Monday or Tuesday.

Let me put it this way... the guy told me NOT to change my account over (AT&T loses a sale) because it is coming "too soon for it to be worth it to change your line."

9. gutterflowerjc macrumors member

We had...

We had a business discount on our family plan9If that makes sense :p) and all that we had to do was just cancel the 15% off the plan in order to activate the iphone, and it worked like a dream...

Hope this helps

10. jbellanca macrumors 6502

This worked for me also.