Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
I will be ordering the new iPhone on preorder day but I have a question last year i was able to preorder my iPhone via the apple online app with one of the lines on my dad AT&T account . I want to order him one but his line is on AT&T premier and mines does not say and the rest of the number are on same account. When I check for upgrade on mine says eligible for AT&T next upgrade but when I check his it says line eligible AT&T premier does that mean I can order mine via the apple online app with my dad preorder without going through at&t premier or I have can order only mine via the apple online app and his via AT&T website how does this work explain to me better ?
The account is on premiere since my dad has his own business .

If I order directly from AT&T do I login to the main account then pick which line to upgrade ?
Is the one from Apple the same thing ?

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
I will be ordering the new iPhone on preorder day but I have a question last year i was able to preorder my iPhone via the apple online app with one of the lines on my dad AT&T account . I want to order him one but his line is on AT&T premier and mines does not say and the rest of the number are on same account. When I check for upgrade on mine says eligible for AT&T next upgrade but when I check his it says line eligible AT&T premier does that mean I can order mine via the apple online app with my dad preorder without going through at&t premier or I have can order only mine via the apple online app and his via AT&T website how does this work explain to me better ?
The account is on premiere since my dad has his own business .

If I order directly from AT&T do I login to the main account then pick which line to upgrade ?
Is the one from Apple the same thing ?

it seems you have a Business Account with AT&T so you have to order from AT&T.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
It look like it but only on my dad number is the premier on if Mine not on the primer account should I order mine via apple online app and his separate
[doublepost=1471502026][/doublepost]I was able to order mine last year via apple online app and it was on primer also
[doublepost=1471502358][/doublepost]Last year at 3 am est I order my 6s plus via the Apple iOS app via my mom 5s all was the primer account will it work again this year

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
Just some food for thought. This years iPhone may not be a groundbreaking release like the 5.5 6s+. Hence, not huge lines at stores. Last year I got to my ATT store 10 minutes before they opened. No one in line. Picked up my new iPhone and gone in 30 minutes or less. :)

When I left the store had 2 sets of customers. Not sure what they were buying.

Reactions: Alexrat1996

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
Just some food for thought. This years iPhone may not be a groundbreaking release like the 5.5 6s+. Hence, not huge lines at stores. Last year I got to my ATT store 10 minutes before they opened. No one in line. Picked up my new iPhone and gone in 30 minutes or less. :)

AT&T saying to me for premier customers to order via AT&T page and I ordered mine via apple last year but this year they went me to order via AT&T page
[doublepost=1471574580][/doublepost]I will order via iOS app Apple I know my father account information since I order two iPhones same method via the app I did the same method to order my iPhone and my sister iPhone both on premier account

Last edited:

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona

I hope its not going to be like the iPhone 6/6+ where there long lines and phones sold out fast.

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
I suspect that some models will sell out quicker. Getting your color in the size memory you want may be a problem. There is always one color that is in short supply.

Well if the rumors are true and there is a Blue iPhone then it will sell out fast.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.