iPhone on AT&T with no data plan.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hiitzDENNIS, Sep 25, 2007.

1. hiitzDENNIS macrumors newbie

if the iphone is shipping wit firmware 1.1.1 am i still able to use independence and activate and just pop a AT&T sim card and use it or should i still wait for a green light on the latest firmware so i can hack? p.s im not unlocking it for any other carriers i just don't want to pay for the data plan rite now so anysim and iunlock wont be installed into the iphone... help!! thanks

2. Sonnyb macrumors newbie

i was on the same boat as you but in a different ship, i have a corporate discount with att and I didnt want to lose all that.

I went to hacktheiphone.com and followed all the instruction until the unlock part, now i have the iphone with my old att simcard.

3. hiitzDENNIS thread starter macrumors newbie

cool i think i am getting the iphone tomorrow and i saw the site hacktheiphone it wa definitely the link i needed for at&t =] thanks

4. norain macrumors newbie

data plan

Does anyone know if the iphone will become available for use with non-data plans (w/out hacking)? Seems kind of silly to require the data plans since there are wireless hot spots just about on every street corner.