Iphone on Bionic Woman Tonight

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tttexxan, Nov 7, 2007.

1. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

I was laughing hard when watching Bionic Woman tonight..."The Bad Guy" Victor had Tom "CIA agent tied up in Chair...Tom gets a call from Jamie "Bionic Woman" on his Iphone. Tom at least knew how to hold and talk into the Iphone, however when Victor grab the Iphone he held it upside down and was talking into the earpiece. Took a bit to notice but I got a good laugh.

I guess there is still a learning curve

2. supersize macrumors member

Yea I noticed that too, when I pointed it out my roomate he made fun of me for being a apple dork (in so many words) :D Did you notice that the screen didn't dim when he was talking too? It really bothered me.

3. tttexxan thread starter macrumors 6502a

now that you mention it I do remember the screen being on while he was talking. Good catch also...Not sure what ring tone that was either..

Victor "Bad Guy" was holding it right in the beginning of the conversation but then when cutting away/coming back it was upside down.

4. zed2 macrumors 6502a

5. bcreedmont macrumors newbie

Maybe the proximity sensor wasn't activated by his...chin.

I was, too, labeled a Mac dork by my girlfriend when I rushed to the screen with my camera. Why didn't I use my iPhone to take the pic? My capacity for rational thought was mungified by the show's goof.

Attached Files:

6. zed2 macrumors 6502a

and he's holding the phone upside down because????

7. alexboy45 macrumors regular

maybe you get better reception. that may also be why the guy from sky news is doing it aswell

8. mrtune macrumors 6502a

I caught that last night too! The screen doesn't shut off when the phone is next to your face unless you're actually making a call. He simply held it up to his face and acted out his lines. He prolly wasn't even paying attention to how he was holding the phone. Chaulk this one up to the editing team for not catching it and redoing the scene.

9. genshi macrumors 6502a

genshi

I tried searching the forums for this and didn't see anything but I did notice this thread and was wondering if anyone had caught all the other new TV shows that use an iPhone? The iPhone is prominently used in the new vampire detective show "Moonlight" by the reporter Beth Turner not only to make calls but to take crime scene photos and it's also used in the new comedy spy show "Chuck". I saw it on some other show as well but can't remember.

10. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Used quite a lot in NBC's Journey Man.

11. genshi macrumors 6502a

genshi

YES! That's the other show I was thinking about.

12. supersize macrumors member

They used one on NCIS a couple weeks ago to take a pic of a suicidal guy and sent it back to the lab to get an ID.

13. Marilyn macrumors member

Yep, Journeyman...the main character has one.

Somebody told me that on one of the CSIs (I think the original) that someone had one...but I didn't personally see it and I don't remember what character it was. Anyone verify that?

14. dugs022 macrumors newbie

I did not see this thread earlier so I posted about this on another thread. Anyway, here's the screenshot. He's clearly holding the IPhone upside down.
    [​IMG]