Iphone on campus WiFi and email

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kmc0929, Aug 24, 2008.

1. kmc0929 macrumors newbie

i have had this question for a while, my schools wifi has a intro page that pops up that requires you to enter your password and name. its kind of a pain in the ass and i was wondering if there was a way to save your password, or a way to make this simplier? also, we have web mail, piratemail.ecu.edu how do i set this up on my iphone? i usually just look at it through safari. also, i dont use edge, just wifi, so if i were to set it up, what do i set the push setting to? thanks

2. vega07 macrumors 65816

I don't think the iphone saves your account info (IDs and passwords). I've had an iphone for over a year and have yet to see this feature.

I am in the same boat as you. I have to input my login info every time I want to connect to my uni's internet.

3. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I went to your school's site and searched, and found a bunch of info on how to use the e-mail.

You go into settings > mail > add account.

Choose Exchange, enter your e-mail address, username (part before the @), and password. Hit next, it'll add a field: Server. Put ecust1.intra.ecu.edu which is the server for student e-mails, and hit Next. Then you can choose the rest of the settings you want.

4. ttech10 macrumors 6502

If your university's IT help people are anything like ours, just email them up asking how to set up Exchange on the iPhone and they'll give you step-by-step directions. That's what ours did.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I went to UC Berkeley's and San Francisco State's IT folks and they walked my through it for IMAP and the WiFi connection. Both work after my first connection, so I'm not having to enter Username and Password during each connection. Lucky I guess...:p

6. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

On my campus when using my iPhone on the wifi, after I log in, I can quit Safari and everything uses wifi as normal. It's only when I black out the screen and come back later I have to relog in, kind of a pain, but there's nothing that can be done thus far.

7. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

Just line on my MacBook Air, I have to enter in a pswd every time I connect to the WiFi, but once I'm on, it will let me stay on for the rest of the day. It only takes a few seconds to enter in a pswd. lol. how lazy are people getting that they can't even enter in a pswd??? :eek:

8. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

There is an app called.. I think it's 1password or something like that and I think it stores your passwords and other info. So you would use that app instead of Safari, and you wouldn't have to enter your password each time you want to log on. You might even be able to enter it in 1password, but then switch over to Safari for your actual browsing.