Iphone on Chuck tv show has MMS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theshadow07039, Oct 22, 2008.

1. theshadow07039 macrumors member

Dude did you guys check this out on the tv show Chuck in the episode chuck vs the crown vic chuck actually gets an MMS, so what do you guys think it is, it looks pretty real to me.

2. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

TV shows do not get any sort of special features. You'll also notice in a lot of TV shows, they make up their own user interfaces on gadgets and computers even though they are not like that in real life... it's a TV show, we're not getting MMS EVER!

3. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

Wait! What are you saying?! You mean TV shows aren't REAL?!!! :eek:

4. gr8whtd0pe macrumors 6502

gr8whtd0pe

Prime example csi's. Especially Miami, that show is just bs for tech. On one episode of csi Cathrine took a video (on the orginal iPhone) and emailed it back to the lab in about 3 seconds... so yeah.

5. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Like in that fighting movie, what was it. Never back down or something.

Anyway they were all recording the fight with iPhones, oops iPhone can't video record :p :mad:

6. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

Don't want to get too off topic, but my favorite misuse of a gadget is the Verizon FIOS commercial where the Fios tech is walking around with a Kindle (the Amazon e-reader) and its supposed to be his electronic clipboard. :)
    [​IMG]

7. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

8. powaking macrumors 6502

powaking

Yah like how Jack Bauers phone never seems to run out of power based on how much he uses it during the day without charging.

9. hexonxonx macrumors 601

And when did we ever see Jack eat? He was able to go for days without eating or sleeping apparently.

I remember seeing some picture form a show last year where some woman was usng the phone upsside down.

10. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

Not to mention no potty breaks. After all, we were with him every minute of each day. :)

Along those lines, I was always impressed he could snap a pic with his Treo and send it to CTU (while talking to them on it) and have them then zoom in on someone else's cell phone display from 100 meters away and read the text on it after "enhancing" the picture. Surely, Apple has that in the works for 2.2.

11. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

Mmm, actually, you can video record on an Iphone, it's called Cycorder, and I believe there is one more app, which I can't remember the name right now.

12. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Anyone else ever laugh when they see shows doing "sophisticated" things on computers (like a search of a database, how thats advanced ill never know) and all you see is numbers running and those cliche futuristic beeps? Its 2008 people, computers arent the miracle box that no one understands anymore.

13. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Chuck has an entire government supercomputer in his brain. I think they could pretty much pull off making a phone look like it gets MMS or pretty much anything else.

In TV and movies, there is always the magic of editing. In the Lord of the Rings movies, some scenes with two characters speaking to each other were shot months, maybe years, apart.

Plllllease don't read into what shows up on TV and in movies too much. Did you ever notice on Smallville that nobody ever drives a car more than 2 years old no matter how young or broke they are? Oh yeah, on Lost they MOVED THE FRICKIN' ISLAND.

14. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

its done easy enough..
    1. Jailbrake
    2. install swirly mms
    3. Get AT&T to enable MMS on your acct.
    4. profit!

15. Stepper macrumors regular

So your saying the people that organised this TV show jailbroke the phone and put cycorder on it? Surely they would get sued by apple or something

16. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I don't think jailbreaking is illegal. It just voids your warranty. Anywho, Apple is probably paying the studio to have their product placed on TV.

17. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Jailbreaking (and unlocking...at least in the United States) isn't illegal. It just voids the warranty.

Not like it's a biggie, since the TV Show probably bought a few as backups.

18. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

The first episode of 24 ever, season one obviously, the episode opens with him drinking coffee. THATS IT. Jack Bauer is the man. Nov. 23, 2008, make sure you set the TiVO.

Of course there's no potty breaks, he doesn't eat or drink so one can just assume no pit stops.

19. haddman macrumors regular

Jack Bauer is is bad azz!! He probably just pisses and shitz his pants as there are no time for potty breaks when a nuclear or bio attack could happen at any moment. He then uses the smell from his pee pee and poopy pants in his famous interrogations...."Tell me where the bomb is!!!" (It's in your pants!!)

God bless Jack Bauer and I can't wait for Nov 23rd!

20. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

Amen.

21. TwiceNightly macrumors 6502

TwiceNightly

1 day. It's called 24 as it all takes place in 24 hours ;)

22. Cander macrumors 6502

OMG Dr. Horrible was remote controlling a van with an iPhone!! :rolleyes:

23. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

WOW, COOL!

What will HOLLYWOOD come up with next?!

:D

24. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

Yeah... In last week's episode of Chuck, the guy was using his upside down. Don't put too much stock into things you see on tv.

25. iMacoo7 macrumors 6502

iMacoo7

You can sign this petition for MMS, hopefully we can get somewhere:
    http://www.petitiononline.com/IPMMS/petition.html