iPhone on "Chuck"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by question fear, Dec 3, 2007.

1. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Did anyone watch "Chuck" tonight? Chuck receives a picture from his friend Morgan, and it looks like an MMS...he's playing with the phone, and a "Photo arriving from Morgan" dialogue appears with a view/ignore. He then hits view and there's the picture.

Creative license or unreleased software?...

2. MacGeek Pro macrumors member

Considering Apple's current relations with NBC, I'd have to say creative licenses. Apple isn't giving NBC anything prematurely.

And I did notice the iPhone on Chuck. Agent Walker had one, too, on her hotel bed.

3. question fear thread starter macrumors 68020

question fear

Yea I know she has one too. They feature iPhones often and lovingly on that show, NBC/Apple dispute or not.

4. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

That show has them all the time. I noticed the mms-looking screen, too. I'd almost guarantee it wasn't legit, everything else after wasn't accurate, like how he synced it with the mac after.

5. TimJim macrumors 6502a

Theres another thread here about it too.

The MMS is probably not real, it's easier to just make a little fake video for it then make a whole program i think.

6. question fear thread starter macrumors 68020

question fear

Probably true. I still thought it was interesting, although you are probably right. Either that or they added the message in post-production. Not that hard either. And since he was already browsing pics it would be easy to make that transition look real.

7. alFR macrumors 68020

If you watch carefully, he flicks the "incoming message" picture off the screen to the left with his thumb - it's just a still photo and a beeping sound effect added in post. Nothing to see here, move along....

8. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

I read an interview with "Chuck" (forget the actors name) and apparently he is an avid gamer. They always have him playing video games on the show, he keeps telling the director that he wants to play it for real and can reproduce any scene at will, but they make him react to pre-recorded game sequences.

I assume the iPhone stuff is the same way. Seriously, who has ever plugged in their iPhone and gotten photos off of it that fast? :D ;)

9. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i was just about to post this. also, his thumb touches the ignore "button" and not the one to view.

10. ccoulson macrumors newbie

"Buy More" must be wholly owned subsidiary of Apple or AT&T :p

11. JMax1 macrumors 6502

JMax1

I don't know about any of you, but I'm getting a little annoyed by seeing the iPhone in so many TV shows (Chuck, Journeyman, BioWoman, Mythbusters, probably more)! It's taking away the novelty of having one in real life! Everyone wants on the bandwagon because it means instant coolness if you're using one, and then make it do things it can't do thanks to post-production.

Oh well! Small price to pay.

12. KellyTM macrumors newbie

Mystery Solved

Hey Guys,
    I just wanted to let you know that the way it was done on the show was a cheap trick.

The image was edited to contain the iPhone looking notification box so when chuck tapped/swiped the screen with his thumb (the phone was in slideshow > play mode) it moved to the image next, supposedly the one from morgan.
    Why didn't they just send it via email like your supposed to with the iphone? who knows.

Another cheap way to do something of the sort is to add a contact with the first name of whatever you want the popup box to say.
    My number is 0000000000, I add it to my contact list under the first name only of "Incoming Nudie Pic from a Terrorist" and save the contact.
    I then open the SMS application, start a conversation with my own cell number, and tap into the input line. Hit the space bar a few times to send nothing but spaces and click send. As soon as the message is sent, hit the Home button on the bottom of the iphone.
    Youll get a notification with sound a few moments later that you are recieving a nudie pic from a terrorist and asked if you want to view or ignore. :p

Cheers.

13. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

I'm sure Apple paid for it... They don't just throw product placement around for free you know! LOL

14. JMax1 macrumors 6502

JMax1

Very true! I suppose it is always nice to see other mac products placed so quitely on other tv shows and movies

15. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Actually, I've heard that while Apple is extremely active and helpful in relations with companies concerning product placement, they never actually pay for any of it.

16. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

It's most definitely fake, they do stuff like this all the time. In the movie National Treasure everyone used HP notebooks but they were running OS X ;)

17. tc12mac macrumors newbie

sarah's case

does anyone know the case sarah uses on Chuck? can't find it anywhere!

18. PlusOnes macrumors newbie

Sarah's iPhone

Does anyone know what colour Sarah's iPhone is and also what brand her case is? I've been looking for a good clear case for ages!

Thank you!

19. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

have you noticed this thread is over 2 years old?

20. PlusOnes macrumors newbie

Yeah... But I'd still like to know and then all the Chuck/iPhone stuff is all in one thread.

21. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

Geez...make a new thread get yelled at...bring up a 2 year old thread get yelled at...it's a Catch 22 situation!

22. lovemtucken, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2012

lovemtucken macrumors newbie

case from chuck

chuck bartowski has this case in season 5 and i was hoping that someone knows what type of this case this is?

Attached Files: