Iphone on Cincinnati Bell

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by asdean, Nov 15, 2009.

1. asdean macrumors newbie

Hello All, I have seen on here another thread on the iphone on Cincinnati Bell and I think its time to give another update. I have the 3g Iphone on cincinnati bell since January of this year. MMS, GPS, E-Mail, and Web all work on it fine. I also get the visual voice mailbox icon when I have a message waiting. The other day CinBell upgraded my sim card to the 3g sim. The Iphone 3g does not work locally with CinBell's 3g network. You can get 3g when you are out of town but it will incur roaming charges to your bill. I have the $15 unlimited data plan and it covers all my web use and everything. Never have I seen a bill more than what it should be. Hope this helps!!

2. eberg macrumors newbie

I'm taking the plunge, I've got an iPhone 3GS (At&T) on the way, which I plan to jailbreak and unlock with blackra1n and blacksn0w (phone should be latest baseband). But I'm a bit confused on the sim card options.

Since the previous owner upgraded his phone to a 32GB, I'm assuming there will be no sim card in the phone when it arrives, but let's say there is, then I have the following questions:

1) When during the jailbreak/unlock process do I pop in my Cincinnati Bell Sim card?
    2) Why would I upgrade my Sim Card to a 3G Sim Card?
    3) If I do want to upgrade, can I use the Sim Card that came with the phone, and if so, how?

3. osugsxr macrumors newbie

1) When during the jailbreak/unlock process do I pop in my Cincinnati Bell Sim card?
    2) Why would I upgrade my Sim Card to a 3G Sim Card?
    3) If I do want to upgrade, can I use the Sim Card that came with the phone, and if so, how

should enter it after you have complete the unlock with snow(think its called that) Really doesnt matter when you put it in, it will search for a card

2. roaming onto another network, apparently they will come out with 3g, may work on it eventually
    3. most likely but itll probably the previous owners number, would just get a new one, no cost.