iPhone on ebay

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by powers74, Mar 13, 2011.

1. powers74 macrumors 68000

powers74

I know iP5 is only a few months away but I was thinking about getting an iP4 now because I'd rather stay on Tmobile.To do this I have been looking at iPhones on ebay, and I have found a couple good deals, but I am wondering, if they are not already jailbroken/unlocked do I have to pick up the contract or does the seller have to pay the ETF and that kind of stuff.

This is probably a super dumb question, I know, but I havn't really been able to find an answer to this.

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

If you buy a phone, you have to get you on carrier and contract. You certainly couldn't be held to a contract that you didn't sign. I would be very cautious of "good deals" on iPhones from Ebay or anywhere else for that matter. Save yourself some trouble and wait a few months.

3. powers74 thread starter macrumors 68000

powers74

dilemma

Well, by "good deal" I mean like $10 or $20 bucks cheaper than the average going price of $5-600. I was just trying to avoid ATT & VZN even tho here in 'Nooga AT&T service is really good... I just don't hear a lot of good things about their customer service. I was just thinking an ebay phone would be the best way to do that. But you're probably right, after all iP5 is just around the corner. I guess I'll just succumb to the death star. Thanks for the advice.

4. Cyberheart macrumors member

Cyberheart

If I were you I would get it from the store I never bought anything from Ebay, too many people have been scammed rather pay the full price and get the full thing then pay $20 less and get nothing or a fake. Beware.