Iphone on hold at FedEx

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fenderbass146, Jun 22, 2010.

1. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

I called my fedex facility and told them to put a hold on my iphone, its about 15 minutes away from me so i will go pick it up at 830 tomorrow morning. Did anyone else do this?

2. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

What did you tell them exactly? I'm getting mine thursday and would like to do this. I don't have a tracking number (maybe tomorrow) but Apple told me it was coming thursday for sure.

3. fenderbass146 thread starter macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

You need a tracking number, but tell them you are going to be away and you want to pick up the unit at the nearest local distribuation facility and they will keep it there instead of sending it out on the trucks

4. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

I see, thanks for the info! If I do get my tracking number I'll surely do that!

5. LAS22 macrumors regular

LAS22

i tried. mine is scheduled for the 23rd before 5pm. talked to fedex rep and asked for mine to be held at will call so i can pick up instead of waiting or possibly missing delivery attempt. according to the rep, it was noted somewhere that i'll only be able to pick it up if the first delivery attempt was missed. no big deal, someone is usual home anyway to accept my packages.

6. cherrygirlunmei macrumors member

Lucky you. That usually never works for me, either. It's always the usual "only after the first missed delivery attempt." Luckily my dad is up early so if FedEx delivers in the morning, he can sign for it. :D

7. StPatty33 macrumors 6502

StPatty33

That's what I've always been told by FedEx and UPS both--that they have to ATTEMPT to deliver it at least once before you can come down and pick it up--they won't hold it without a delivery attempt.

Odd.

8. BiomaxDDS macrumors regular

just tried, they won't hold it after 1st attemp