iPhone on NPR show today :-) (applies to Touch too)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Brewerpaul, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Brewerpaul macrumors regular

There's a VERY funny program on National Public Radio called "Wait,Wait, Don't Tell Me!" (available as a free podcast). This is a weekly news quiz featuring three comedians (who vary from week to week) and guests answering questions about the week's events in the news.
    They do one segment called Bluff The Listener where one of the comics reads a real news story, two others make up news stories, and a call-in listener has to guess which one is real.
    Today's Bluff was about problems with iPhone/Touch apps! In very brief (and not particularly funny) form the stories concerned:
    1)Dogs at a dog show experiencing odd leg motions when a young spectator waved his iPhone around using the Star Wars lightsabre app
    2)a lawsuit by the authors of one fart app, suing the authors of another fart app over the rights to the term "pull my finger"
    3)problems with an iThermometer app and add-on which emailed photos of the user taking his/her temp,shall we say "non-orally" :eek:

Know which one is real?

Do check out this show. The comics are very bright and it's laugh out loud funny. Before I became a Touch convert, I used to get upset whenever I had to miss the show. Now, I never miss it thanks to podcasts.

2. Brewerpaul thread starter macrumors regular

3. liferules macrumors member

I vote for #2, which I believe I've read about. I'd die laughing if the 3rd was true. :) What did the contestant guess?

Wait, wait, don't tell me is a great show.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I was taking my girlfriend to her hair appointment (amusingly, and then taking myself to my own hair appointment in another neighborhood) when this came on yesterday. The answer is pretty obvious, but it's sad that I rather expected iFart would somehow be involved. :rolleyes: Paula Poundstone was a riot on that episode, though. Especially during the opera singer's segment. :)

5. pjgeer macrumors member

I am three weeks behind, went on a vacation, no one say the answer, lol.:p

Love the show, I laugh everytime and get all the odd looks on the subway, but at least I have fun and am paying attention to the news events of the day. :cool:

Pj