iPhone on O2 24mth contract...Yes or No

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Aumz, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Aumz macrumors member

http://dnc.o2.co.uk/

This is their own website saying on 3rd April there will be a 24 month contract where I can get the iPhone free on £35 per month.

However each time I call about this I get a different answer eacht ime. I am wasting valuable upgrade time here people.

One agent even asked where I saw this as it should not be public knowledge yet and they are still dealing with Apple to see if they will allow this or not....WTF.
    1. It is on your own website
    2. You sub the phone so you can put it out for free if you want
    3. Please people have the same story

Now before people say WTF a 24mth contract do not do it. I say this even though I find the iPhone lacking in a lot of areas the 3.0 upgrade will resolve this but still leave out features I would want, I have one iPhone for myself already.

In all honesty can anyone on here really see themselves leaving the iPhone. I personally think for the next 5 years I can not see myself using another phone. So 2 years without being able to upgrade...wrong I can change price plans. What about hardware. When the new iPhone comes out wait a few months then keep returning my current iPhone for repair and eventually they will get fed up and replace it with a new current model iPhone (whenever that comes out).

Do not think this will work.....I have worked for O2 and their repair procedure and policies have not changed and it will happen as I have written.

2. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Yes, it's happening! My Samsung G600 is ready for upgrade and when I 'phohed O2 re moving to the £35 p.m. iPhone I was advised to hang on 'till May/June when 3.0 is available (I need MMS) In the meantime, he switched me to their new "Simplicity" monthly contract - 300min + 600 texts for £14.69 p.m. It was then that he referred to their new £35, 24 month contract with free iphone.

As far as taking out the 24 month contract, I personally can't see many takers, bearing in mind the speed that 'phones are developing. Evidence this - it makes you think doesn't it!

3. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

Hmmm, personally I'd just take the £45 month iPhone which is free, then downgrade after 9 months, and I even changed mine into a normal £35 a month contract to get MMS enabled (For my nokia 5800). Also it changed all my free stuff, I get the same amount of minutes but double the amount of texts and unlimited internet (Can be something else, free bolt on) , but you loose the free wifi.

4. Aumz thread starter macrumors member

£45 per month for 9 months is too much for my budget. I already have one on that plan so am not prepared to go for anything above £35 per month.

You can get MMS enabled without haveing to change from an iPhone plan....I swap my sim to a Nokia N91 and get MMS without haveing to ask for it.

5. Aumz thread starter macrumors member

Sorry but I see nothing in that article that would make me use anything other than an iPhone as my main phone.

6. sallythemac Guest

I'm not quite sure if what your topic question is asking... But if it's whether this deal is true, then yes it is. I work for CPW and we have been allowing people to preorder the iPhone on the lower contract + 24m contract for... about a week - just the customers have had to wait until 3rd April to receive their iPhones via courier. Go to o2 or CPW tomorrow and you'll see all the millions of posters i had to put up tonight after work!!

Clarification: 8GB = Free on 24 month @ £35 p/m, 16GB £60 on 24 month @ £35 p/m, 16GB = Free on 24 month @ £45 p/m.

7. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

Hmmm weird, I switched from a iPhone to a Nokia 5800, I could send MMS, but when it came to receiving it, I got the link, instead of just receiving it, so had to swap the tariff. No big problem for me to be honest, never used the wifi.