Iphone on o2.. please help!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hayleys, Oct 16, 2007.

1. hayleys macrumors newbie

Sorry if this has been discussed before. I am thinking about getting an iphone when they arrive in the uk. I am currently on o2 contract so does anyone know if I will be able to use my current sim card in the iphone with no probs? (would all the functions work, visual voice mail etc?) would I have to get it unlocked?

I dont really understand how it works. when you buy from the apple shop or apple online do you have to sign into a contract?:confused:

I would be so grateful if someone could help me.

thanks in advance!!

2. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

Every thing should work except Visual Voice mail. You will need to get it unlocked thou. and I would get the data plan.

3. RossoA macrumors 6502

RossoA

He's right ^^

You can free upgrade to the iPhone plan if you like, it's just like taking out a new contract, and you'd have to buy the handset of course.

4. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

No. You 'sign up' for a contract when you activate the phone via iTunes online.

5. sananda macrumors 68020

1. you cannot use your current sim card. there will be a sim card in the phone already which you will use.

2. you will have to switch to a new contract with o2 (if you took out your current contract after 19th september 07 you will have to pay a transfer charge of £219).

3. you will enter into the new contract online via itunes after you have bought your phone.

hope that helps.