iPhone on Orange + Address Book contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by testcard, Nov 16, 2009.

1. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

I have an iPod touch and sync my Address Book contacts from my MacBook. I'm going to get an iPhone on Orange soon, replacing my Sony Ericsson. My question is this - will I be able to transfer my current Orange SIM card to the iPhone and retain my contacts? And when I sync the iPhone, will it attempt to merge my SIM contacts and my Address Book, or does the iPhone keep SIM contacts and Address Book contacts completely separate? Hope this makes sense!

2. dav146 macrumors regular

dav146

If your address book contacts are on your macbook you are trying to make it more difficult than you need!

Plug your new iPhone in when you get it - and iTunes will ask if you want to sync contacts (and calendars, tunes etc).

And your done!

Not many people save contacts to the sim card anymore - and to answer one of your original questions, I don't even think you can on the iPhone!

Good Luck - and enjoy the new Phone !

3. testcard thread starter macrumors 68020

testcard

Thanks for the quick reply! So I need to forget SIM card contacts altogether and look on Address Book as my phone contacts list?

4. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

In a nutshell yes. If you've got contacts on your sim that you don't in address book the iPhone will import the contacts from your sim for you.

I don't bother with saving anything to my sim. Between my iPhone, my laptop and my time machine back up I figure I'm covered :eek: