iPhone on order, with all problems should I still receive it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davidlw, Jul 12, 2010.

1. davidlw macrumors 6502a

I have my iPhone on order and was wondering with all of the problems with antenna, proximity sensor, etc. Should I still take possession of it or cancel and wait for updated phone. Will the Bumber take care of the antenna situation? If so I can live with that.

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

All I can say is, I've had some problems and it's still worth it to me. The benefits outweigh the flaws.

Have you had AT&T before? Do you have strong signals where you live and work? It seems to be much less of a problem if you've always had a good, strong connection.

3. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

I've had zero problems with mine.

If you aren't sure, cancel it. But it is great device.

4. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

+1

5. huskerchad macrumors regular

I finally got the two I ordered last week. One of them is a bit more susceptible to the "death grip" problem than the other. At home where we have a very close by cell tower, I can drop the signal strength from full to about 2 bars.

In weaker areas I *can* completely kill the signal. I just have to remember not to do it.

I tried out a rocketfish silicon case and while I didn't like it and returned it, I could not drop the signal strength at all while using the case.

So, it turns out that the iPhone 4 is not perfect. It will not one day replace oxygen as the thing we breathe to live. It is still a great phone and there isn't another smartphone I would even consider over it.

6. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

My phone has been great except for the reception bar problem. I never had a dropped call though and after placing a case on it, my reception has been a non issue.

7. davidlw thread starter macrumors 6502a

OK so a case or maybe the bumper should help the antenna. If so I am all in for my iPhone to be delivered.
    Thanks,
    David

8. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

Most people get a case or bumper anyway. And Apple will correct
    this, imo, shortly. I anticipate a change in the design here shortly.

The big issue, how to address the customers with a current 4.
    I'll bet a choice is offered. Exchange your phone or take a $100 refund.

9. reyno28 macrumors member

reyno28

I wish this would happen...Also if they fixed the reception issue hardware, they probably wouldn't make it public. I don't think apple will give me a $100 refund or a exchange for a fixed iPhone4, but I wish they would.

10. troy14 macrumors 6502a

Sure there might be some issues.

You're also on a Mac message board full over overly anally obsessive compulsive mac owners.

People don't post usually how great their device is, only when they have problems.

And if people even have a speck of dust on their phone when they open the package, they complain here.