Iphone on Pay-as-you-go

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by heavenlyblade, May 7, 2009.

1. heavenlyblade macrumors newbie

Hey all, I know I'll probably get flack for posting another one of these but I want to be sure this will work before I risk it. I know it can be done for voice and txt, that's fine. What I am unsure on is if I can disable use of 3G and Edge networks, since I have almost constant access to wifi. I will be using a Rogers locked Iphone 3G with 2.2 software.

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I don't think Pay as you Go works on iPhone 3G. But if it did, yes you can disable the data.

3. heavenlyblade thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't see why it wouldn't work. With all other Rogers phones you can just change the sim card. How do you disable the networking? Is it just in the settings?

4. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Nope. Gotta call Rogers and tell them to put a block on all incoming data. Also, remove your plan (You don't want to be paying extra!)

5. heavenlyblade thread starter macrumors newbie

There is no plan on it, my friend is going to deactivate it and sell it to me. I want to put it on pay as you go since I can't afford the plan. I know with my ipod touch I can change the setting for data push to manual, could I do this on the iphone and simply not use internet features?

6. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Err, I don't think so. Also, you might have to unlock it to use it on Pay-As-You-Go. I don't know about that, somebody else should chime in in 3...2...