Iphone on Public beta suddenly running hot, touch id not working

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by gorkt, Jul 20, 2016.

1. gorkt macrumors 6502

gorkt

This started happening sometime last night, and I am wondering if it is a hardware or software issue. I've had the beta for about a week and half and it ran great with the only real issues being pausing on the podcast app and the AR not working on Pokemon go - typical stuff. I did have a few issues at the beginning of the week updating some apps.

Starting sometime last night, touch ID just stopped working. I have tried resetting the phone, resetting the settings with no luck. When I go to the Touch ID section in settings and try to add another fingerprint, nothing happens.

I also noticed that this morning my phone has been running extremely hot with battery drain. Any ideas?

2. WiiDsmKR69 macrumors regular

WiiDsmKR69

I also cannot use Touch ID on beta 5.
    It stopped working as soon as I upgraded from beta4 5 to beta5.

It presents the same issues as if it was a hardware issue, but it was the software that broke it.

Grr
    --- Post Merged, Aug 10, 2016 ---
    IMG_6322.PNG IMG_6323.PNG

3. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

Sounds like you accidentally triggered the self destruct routine Apple put in the new iOS to prevent future hacking requests by the FBI. :D

4. WiiDsmKR69 macrumors regular

WiiDsmKR69

Ha ha, could be!
    I miss Touch ID already.

A 4 digit pin code is just so manual..

5. Elwots macrumors member

I want to try iOS 10 so badly, but these kind of posts take me out of my comfort zone.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

There are posts of this nature or something similar for practically any version, including actual public ones.

7. mariusignorello macrumors 6502a

Hmmm I think it may not be communicating with the Secure Enclave for some reason. Probably software issue.

8. WiiDsmKR69 macrumors regular

WiiDsmKR69

Here's hoping!