iPhone on "reserve" for sure from AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jaredcwood, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Jaredcwood macrumors newbie

So I just stopped by my local ATT store to get as much information as I could on weather I'd have to camp out in this terrible weather or not for my iPhone 3gs. I preordered it on June 9th. The man at the store said I would NOT have to camp out just simply show up between 7am-9am and they'll have it for me. No waiting in crazy lines or worrying about them not having it. Now i know this man works for ATT but with all of these rumors and hype going on I still have my doubts. Was anyone else told this by ATT??? I did receive an email from ATT today that my iPhone had arrived at the store.

2. jaltamirano macrumors regular

theres still going to be a line for PRE-ORDERED iPhones from AT&T, but you will get your iPhone since you paid for them.. so no worries you just gotta wait in line if you arrive late :)

3. dagomike macrumors 65816

This is what was in my ATT email this morning:

4. Jaredcwood thread starter macrumors newbie

So basically as long as I show up before 9am I'll have my phone? I dont mind waiting in the pre order line. I'm just worried the people that "pre ordered" yesterday are going to try and get their hands on mine when they were not confirmed to be in store tomorrow. I'll print ATT's email i guess too along with my receipt. Any other suggestions?

5. jaltamirano macrumors regular

they cant get their hands on yours, everyone that pre-ordered has their own shipped box with their name on it.. so nothing goes out of the store's inventory.. the only thing that goes out of the inventory are those that does walk-in purchases

6. SatanLover macrumors member

i tried to reserve one from apple.com to pick up at my local apple store right now, but how do i know i'll be guaranteed to get one? the whole reserve process was a little unsatisfying, it was hard to tell exactly what i did? i live about an hour away i don't want to drive there and be turned away at the door

7. dagomike macrumors 65816

As long as you show up by July 3rd, your phone will be there.

8. dagomike macrumors 65816

There is no guarantee at the Apple stores. First come, first serve. It sounds like though they will have lots of inventory.

9. auburnfan24 macrumors regular

my order shows shipped and tracking # is delivered as of 9:30am....i got no email??? but i'm assuming they know i'm coming? :confused:

10. jaltamirano macrumors regular

^ same with me, its either they got the wrong email address from me or they havent gone through all the shipments yet :(

11. auburnfan24 macrumors regular

but does it matter that we didnt get an email?? i mean, i have a receipt that i paid, order # shows shipped and delivered...they cant tell me that i have no phone just because we didnt get a confirmation email right?

12. CallMeZsaZsa macrumors member

got an email from AT&T about my preordered phone....they said they now have it, they will hold it for 7 days and I can pick up tomorrow morning.

13. jaltamirano macrumors regular

not sure, i just emailed my friend that's a sales rep for AT&T store that i ordered from, will update this thread once i get an answer from him :)

14. ericvmazzone macrumors regular

Wait if you pre-order from a BM AT&T store you HAVE to be there between 7-9am to get it? That does not seem right because not everyone is able to take a day off from work. I know mine will be there tomorrow at 2:45 pm when I show up to pick it up AFTER work. Anything less is unacceptable. Not, it is supposed to sit there for up to 7 days. I'm sure it'll be fine for 8 hours or so.

15. jaltamirano macrumors regular

no you dont have to be there at 7am... you can get there before the store closes OR within 7 days.. dont worry guys YOUR PHONE WILL BE THERE, not unless some dumb sales rep sells your phone then i guess your out of luck on that one.

16. dagomike macrumors 65816

I got an email about an hour after UPS delivered it. If you don't have an email, give your rep a call to make sure all is cool and verify their hours.