iPhone on Sprint?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SLC Flyfishing, Jan 11, 2011.

1. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Anyone want to speculate on when?

Feel free to start as many duplicate threads as you deem necessary :D

2. nyfliiboy macrumors regular

3. yearofthe macrumors regular

yearofthe

Sprint is such a lower end provider compared to AT&T and Verizon. They never will just like how they'll never bring it to Boost-Mobile or Virgin Mobile.

4. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

Since we found out already that Apple's deal with Verizon is in no way exclusive, I'd say we could easily see it within the next year. If the rest of the world is any indication, the only reason we had limited carrier availability in the US to begin with was an exclusivity deal with AT&T (which is clearly no longer an issue), and the fact that no other network has compatible technology (with the rest of the world). Even T-Mobile, the other GSM network, uses a different 3G band. So, there's really very little stopping the iPhone from going to Sprint at this point. I assume Apple will wait a little while just to keep from angering Verizon, but I see it being unlocked and on Sprint in a matter of weeks, and on Sprint legitimately within a year or two.

5. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Wouldn't say Sprint should be compared with companies that resale. Sprint has done some major improvements over the past few years. Their 4G network is a nice plus in the area I live in.

6. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

dumb thread like this will pop up 50 times a day, jesus

7. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Why is this thread dumb?

8. timothy496 macrumors newbie

timothy496

Dumb?

9. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

next thread will be tmobile, and so on..............

seriously guys, get real........

10. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Get real about what? People said the phone wouldn't be on Verizon. Are we now to just think the iPhone will only be on AT&T and Verizon? i know I have no clue what networks the iPhone could end up on. I do know that with Apple having a GSM and a CDMA version it does open up options.

11. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

The iPhone is available from Virgin Mobile in Canada. Now, granted in Canada Virgin is owned by Bell, who carry the iPhone, but you're plain wrong if you think Apple will never bring the iPhone to "low end" carriers.

Apple is in the business of selling handsets. The more carriers the iPhone is available on, the bigger their customer base and, thus, the more sales for Apple. So they'd be foolish not to bring it to Sprint, Virgin, etc.

Before it came to Verizon I might have said that designing a CDMA model would be more trouble and expense than it was worth. But now they already have a CDMA version. Tweaking that to run on Sprint would cost Apple very little, and open up millions more subscribers for them to sell iPhones too.

12. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Dumb thread like this not pop up everyday. Moderator take care of.

13. kalex macrumors 65816

Hopefully soon. I for one have no problems with sprint and no one can beat their service pricing. So if it comes to Sprint I would buy it. No way I'm switching carries just to have an iphone

14. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

Who knows. The only thing that's certain is that if it comes to sprint, you won't be paying 70 bucks for unlimited everything with an iPhone.

15. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

I bet once its jailbroken, you'll be able to use it on other cdma carriers. Even Kricket.

I bought my nephew a flashed Palm pre for Kricket. worked beautifully.

as far as native? who knows.

16. SLC Flyfishing thread starter Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Dumb people like you will take offense to it.

I didn't make this thread as a serious question anyway. I'm on AT&T and very happy. I mainly did it to poke fun at people like you who like to bitch and moan about iPhone rumor threads on a site called MacRUMORS

Man, your life must be tough. If this thread gets you that worked up, I don't even want to know how you are when something important goes wrong for you.