iPHone on T-mobile, issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by da2005pizimp, Sep 4, 2012.

1. da2005pizimp macrumors 6502

Hello everyone, Verizon screwed me over for the last time and now are charging me for texts that should be included in my plan, I tried to explain to the person in billing and they said we will call you back, but guess what they never did :eek: So I am thinking about going to T-mobile because they have unlimited everything for 50 bucks. My question is my brother is overseas in the military and contacts me only using imessage because it is free and regular texts are quite expensive. For this reason I would like to get an unlocked iphone 3gs (for now) or an iphone 4 (if I can find one for a good price). My question is are there any issues when using an unlocked phone? Are there any features that do not work properly? Any advice and input is always greatly appreciated.

2. aneftp macrumors 68040

My brother hated using the official unlocked iPhone 4 on tmobile in Maryland DC area.

Seems tmobile is decreasing EDGE power and focuses on Wcdma/3G for voice. So voice quality degrades on unlocked iPhone because on tmobile u are on EDGE all the time. Yes I know about the reframing of the 1900 band but it will take at least another year.

3. yeah macrumors 6502a

yeah

The re=farming will be almost complete in the end of 2012. From there, LTE-A HERE WE COME! :D:D:D

4. da2005pizimp thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks guys, I do not mean to sound ignorant, but how does it work? do I just buy an ATT phone from here or ebay and pay someone to unlock it?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can buy an officially unlocked iphone.
    There's plenty of them for sale on ebay, CL etc...
    You wont get 3G currently on Tmobile and no visual voicemail.
    The rest should work fine.

6. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

My parents have an unlocked 4 and use T-Mobile. They use iMessage without any issues. They've only been with T-Mobile for a little over 2 weeks now. So far, no complaints. They have the $30 plan which includes very very little data. They use data when on wi-fi.

Just take caution and make sure your on a contract-free plan when you sign those papers they have you sign, even with a pay per month plan (non-contract).

7. nostaws macrumors 6502

nostaws

I have a gevey unlocked iphone 4s on t-mobile. I don't pay for a data plan. I have wifi at work and wifi at home. I like it a lot. Don't have any problems with it.