iPhone on T-Mobile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jonathanlaniado, Apr 2, 2013.

1. jonathanlaniado macrumors member

So as most of you guys already know T-Mobile will be selling the iPhone 5 starting April 12th.

I have a 3GS on T-Mobile and have been waiting quite long for this.

However, I now have a dilemma due to rumors surfacing an iPhone 5S.

Two questions:

1) Will T-Mobile carry the iPhone 5S?

2) If so, should I wait for the 5S or get the 5 while I can?

Thanks for your help in advance.

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

1) T-Mobile will most likely carry the next generation of the iPhone, but no one can know for certain as of now.

2) Up to you. No one knows when it's coming out, exactly what it's going to look like or exactly what upgrades there will be. It will probably look similar, and be slightly faster with maybe better camera.

No one can answer for you. The iPhone 5 is a great phone, the next iPhone will likely be slightly better. If you can live with that, get the iPhone 5. If you can't, then just wait.

3. iRepairParts macrumors regular

iRepairParts

I completely agree. I am guessing it will follow the same path as the iPhone 4 -> iPhone 4S. Same look overall, and slight changes within.

To OP, Its purely personal preference as to whether you should wait or not for the next iPhone. But when that comes out, you will be asking yourself the same thing, "Should I just wait until the next iPhone comes out?" If you are someone who needs to have the latest and greatest iPhone, then purchase the 5, sell it when the 5S comes out, and purchase that. iPhones hold their value very well, so you shouldnt out much on the deal. IMHO, the iPhone 5 is an absolute kicka** phone, and is well worth it.

4. jonathanlaniado thread starter macrumors member

T-Mobile did not make any announcement stating that they will carry the next iPhone whatsoever?

5. iRepairParts macrumors regular

iRepairParts

It is unlikely that they will carry the iPhone 5 and not the next iPhone though.. I think it is safe to say that they will carry the iPhone 5S