iPhone on The Simpsons

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mpuck972, Sep 23, 2007.

1. mpuck972 macrumors 6502

mpuck972

They say you have made it when you make it into a Simpsons episode. Well tonight was iPhone's chance. Although I don't think it's quite the 'appearance' any product would desire. When Mr Burns walks into E.T.'s Home of Phones, you can hear the store P.A. system announce:

"Attention customers, iPhone's are now 20 cents!" lol, pure comedy. Guess the iPhone has gone from revolutionary device, to that phone that got dropped by $200.

2. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

All in all, still great exposure for Apple. I'm sure we'll see another surge in marketing before the holiday season. ( New iPhone ads? )

3. mpuck972 thread starter macrumors 6502

mpuck972

Lastnight my friend and I were at Downtown Disney sitting at a bar. We were checking installer for new apps. This couple next to us asks us if those are iPhones, and we tell them yeah.

The first question they ask is if we got our $100 yet, so you can see the new rep the phone has for now.

4. ijohn3 macrumors member

When I show someone my iphone....that is exactly the first question i get too...did you get your 200 back or r u getting the 100 store credit?

Unbelievable.....

5. Gonzlobo macrumors 6502

Yep, apple screwed the pooch (early adaptors) on this one.

6. cjandnw macrumors 6502

I get the same question as well when someone sees my iphone. Especially those who know I got one the 1st day.
    It's just jealousy being redirected as an "I told you so" type remark.
    I always ask them if they got the $4000 back when they drove their new BMW...Acura etc. off the lot and it IMMEDIATELY depreciated.

Whatever

7. lanray macrumors regular

same thing here

Last Friday, some friends asked to see it. They were "wowing" for about 20 seconds before someone asked if I got my money back. It humors me, really.

8. sokrates macrumors member

no they did not, it's the same thing everytime, you want to be the first to exclusively have something, you have to pay for it, same thing every time.

9. Virgil-TB2 macrumors 65816

Virgil-TB2

I've heard that some of the early adaptors didn't even plug into the wall properly.
    So there is that too.

10. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I dont know about anyone else but i thought the new simpsons episode yesterday was purs genious. By no means tue fnniest episode i have ever seen, but visually it looked amazing, and i thought there was a lot of humor in there that atleast a lot of my friends didnt get. I did catch the iphone gag, pure genious. I love the simpsons!!

11. Mark Scheuern macrumors member

12. mpuck972 thread starter macrumors 6502

mpuck972

Notice all the stuff from the movie during the opening sequence? I love tivoing the show, and then being able to pause scenes, and look for hidden jokes in store manes and stuff.

13. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

haha, thats what i love about the simpsons, and yes teh opening scene was brilliant. But theres always more to an episode that meets the eye.

14. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

IDANNY