iPhone on Verizon...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jamied95, Aug 15, 2010.

1. jamied95 macrumors 6502

Just my thinking I don't know if it's been said elsewhere, but as a UK customer, I'm confused. If Apple released a phone on Verizon, which is supposedly different (internal antenna) and upgraded (1.2GHz processor), according to DVICE - are people thinking would this phone also have a GSM Variation, and so get a worldwide release, or would it be a specific CDMA version, that had an alternative release schedule, and be just for Verizon/CDMA Carriers of the World?

Thanks,
    Jamie

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

All the posts have been pure and simple speculation.

Nobody really knows if Verizon is getting the iPhone in January and if it does whether its going to be a different antenna design.

At the very least it will be a CDMA based phone that's identical to the current iPhone. Whether apple tries to fix the antenna design in the verizon version is anyone's guess

3. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

What he said ^

But please refrain from asking the iPhone verizon questions there are some members that will start getting mad. They will say that there is a forum search and u should use it. I particularly dont like the verizon iPhone posts I'm just a nice guy lol

4. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Even if they release a Verizon iPhone (which is highly unlikely) I doubt that they would bump the processor speed.If anything it would be a CDMA variation of the GSM iPhone 4 that already exists, but like I said before, I don't think it will happen. The DVICE article didn't even mention a processor upgrade so I have no idea where you got that from.

5. jamied95 thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh dear, some people obviously need to find better things to do with their time then...

It's here.

It say, second paragraph from bottom:

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Says the person creating yet another verizon iphone thread ;)

That linked article like all other "insider information" is speculation. Just do a search here and you'll see so many threads about how a person of knowledge stating the iPhone was going to have this design or that, or its going to be going to verizon in January of 2010, spring time, summer, fall, etc.

Until apple actually releases information, or loses another prototype :eek: Nobody knows for sure.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

I will say the Apple Genus and I had a good laugh and discussion about Verizon getting the iPhone. I just mentioned the word Verizon and it rolled from there. Not saying the Genus has inside info just that somebody that works for Apple certainly doesn't see it happening any time soon. mail reason is as badly as people complain about at&t, Verizon would be worse. Personally I find these threads funny. They kind of remind of when I was a little kid. Are we their yet? How about now? etc etc.. :p

8. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

MacRUMORS

And he started a thread regarding a question that is actually unique. Why do people feel so inclined to jump down others' throats constantly?

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

THIS.

I'm so tired of all these Verizon rumors. The posts just go round and round in circles. Might be appropriate given Apple is located at 1 Infinite Loop.

10. unamused macrumors 6502

as the others have already stated... everything about the VZW iphone are pure speculation at this point.

The only difference is that this time around, there is far more evidence that there is a CDMA iphone in the works, (supposedly in testing already) but as far as it being on verizon, its still up in the air.

I for one hope it does but that is because i am on VZW.

Ive not heard anything about a bumped up processor.

11. jamied95 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm asking opinions, on what, the great Mac community thinks will happen... not what has been announced, I'm very much aware it's speculation, Im just wondering what people are thinking?

12. icyfire macrumors 6502

If the VZW iPhone is coming out, it will be pretty much identical to the current GSM iPhone 4 but with an antenna fix. And if today's article regarding the iPhone activation bypass is to be believed (http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/16/new-iphone-ipad-model-codes-set-up-for-itunes-activation-bypass/), there will also be a fixed GSM iPhone released around the same time, but don't expect Apple to make any statements about the fixes since Steve has already declared it a "non-issue".

13. NYDiplomat macrumors regular

If apple does do that. The people on AT&T will riot. If anything apple's best move is for the normal release date of 2011. To minimize backlash.

14. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Nobody can tell you this, as Verizon hasn't even leaked any info at all, as to when they are going to get it. We'll know more when they decide to release this info, or someone from the inside leaks info out.

15. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

We're just telling you our opinions

16. jasonforisrael macrumors regular

it'll likely be the same phone, although i bet they do something about the outside antenna. coating? or something.