Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cherbert

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 10, 2007
What is with the sticky at the top stating the iPhone only has one speaker? I found mine was defective and confirmed as such was when my colleague tested his iPhone 3G and found perfect sound coming from both speaker holes.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I needed a good laugh this morning.

FAIL!

Attachments

• specs_connectors_20090608.jpg
    specs_connectors_20090608.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 455

Mess

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2008
Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
What is with the sticky at the top stating the iPhone only has one speaker? I found mine was defective and confirmed as such was when my colleague tested his iPhone 3G and found perfect sound coming from both speaker holes.

So why is the sticky claiming otherwise as if fact?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!

The best thing I have read all day! :D

Attachments

• Speaker Fail.JPG
    Speaker Fail.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 84

Macjames

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2007
Yorkshire, England
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

Ha Ha! Epic post!

cherbert

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 10, 2007
I know it might seem like I performed the most epic fail ever but I am telling you I have seen a 3G with sound coming out of both holes.

I'll go back and double check my ears aren't deceiving me and I'll either be back here with a youtube video of proof or I'll just go hide for the rest of the year ;-)

Is it the same for the 3GS?

andyh2

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2006
I know it might seem like I performed the most epic fail ever but I am telling you I have seen a 3G with sound coming out of both holes.

I'll go back and double check my ears aren't deceiving me and I'll either be back here with a youtube video of proof or I'll just go hide for the rest of the year ;-)

Cover up the left hole (the speaker) and see if you get sound out of the right. If you do, you're special.

ss957916

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
If sound is coming out of both 'holes' then it wouldn't have a mic rendering it useless as a phone!

I suggest you give up now.

Menge

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2008
Amsterdam
Of course some sound will come out of the microphone hole. Sound LEAKS :p

But the iPhone only has one speaker on one side. The other side is a microphone.

army91c

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2009
Of course some sound will come out of the microphone hole. Sound LEAKS :p

But the iPhone only has one speaker on one side. The other side is a microphone.
+1
Lighten up on the guy.... you can get some sound leak.

glossywhite

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2008
You know-it-alls need to stop being so sarcastic... so he THOUGHT it had two holes - so what?. Do you need to be all :rolleyes::rolleyes: and clever with your replies?. Man, your lives must be ****, to put others down SO quickly.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
This is awesome. I never thought I'd see one of these again.

It's like seeing a snipe in the wild these days. Either they just don't show or the mods get em before you get to see it. :D

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.

see ya Jan. 1, 2010. :)

3G or 3GS, only one speaker.

millerj123

macrumors 68030
Mar 6, 2008
You know-it-alls need to stop being so sarcastic... so he THOUGHT it had two holes - so what?. Do you need to be all :rolleyes::rolleyes: and clever with your replies?. Man, your lives must be ****, to put others down SO quickly.

What would be the appropriate wait time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.