iPhone only vibrates when the screen is pushed in

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SamusKay, Mar 28, 2010.

1. SamusKay macrumors newbie

Hey,
    My iPhone will now only vibrate when the screen on the right hand side is pushed down. The side of my iPhone has previously come slightly apart (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=881919) which I glued together. But it didn't get the vibrate going again.

Anyone know how I could fix this? Or how much I could sell it for whilst not vibrating..?

Cheers.

2. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

This is related to the phone coming apart. The vibrator is attached to the bezel and contacts the circuit board. A careful rebuild will fix it.

3. SamusKay thread starter macrumors newbie

Could you explain what a careful rebuild is please. Is it just gonna be taking the screen assembly out and poking something or a bigger job?

Cheers.

4. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

If it was me, and I speak as a repairer, I would take the screen assembly out, take the logic board out, inspect the vibrator and change if required plus ensure that the bezel is properly glued to the rear casing so really, rebuild it as it was first built.

Regards

Spencer

5. SamusKay thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm... Basic fixing I can do, not so sure about this one. How much would you as a repairer charge to look at it and try and repair?

Cheers.

6. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

If it was me, and I speak as a repairer, I would take the screen assembly out, take the logic board out, inspect the vibrator and change if required plus ensure that the bezel is properly glued to the rear casing so really, rebuild it as it was first built.

Regards

Spencer

7. SamusKay thread starter macrumors newbie

So how much would you charge to do this?

Cheers.

8. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

In the UK I charge about £30 for a repair such as this as an example.