iPhone opens up Aperture's import screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by j-a-x, Mar 30, 2008.

1. j-a-x macrumors 65816

j-a-x

For some reason, when I plug my iPhone into my Mac and Aperture is running, it automatically goes to the import screen. I have application launching disabled in Image Capture, so this only happens when Aperture is already open, but I thought it was a strange behavior. When I connect my digital camera, Aperture doesn't react and I have to manually click import if I want to import something. I would like my iPhone to behave the same way with Aperture. When I plug in my iPhone to sync, 99% of the time, it doesn't meant I want to import photos and its annoying to return my phone to it's cradle and have my photo editing interrupted.

Does anybody know if there is a way to disable this auto import feature in Aperture with the iPhone??

2. Hydramus macrumors member

This also happens to me and its getting a little annoying so i would appreciate i if anyone can chime in with a fix:).

3. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

4. j-a-x thread starter macrumors 65816

j-a-x

No that's totally unrelated. That stops the application from launching. I've already stopped Aperture from launching when the iPhone is connected. My problem is that aperture opens a special import dialog box each time I plug in the iPhone which interrupts what I am doing. I need to fin d away to stop that from happening, and it only happens when Aperture is already open.

5. incolor macrumors newbie

incolor

6. j-a-x thread starter macrumors 65816

j-a-x

I agree. Very annoying. I am still unable to find a solution to his issue. :(

7. j-a-x thread starter macrumors 65816

j-a-x

8. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I'm running 10.4.11 and am having the same problem. Drives me crazy. Would love to hear about a work-around!

Bryan

9. Knolly macrumors 6502a

Not sure where the setting is within Aperture, but if you go to Preferences in iPhoto there should be an option for "Connecting camera opens:". See if that is set for Aperture, and if it is, change it.

10. VicX macrumors member

VicX

go to iphoto
    Preference>General>when connected to a camera>no application

11. Hussam79 macrumors newbie

Goto Preferences in Aperture, import > when camera is connected > no application

That did it for me

12. srchndstry macrumors newbie

iPhoto Prefs

Easiest I found was to go to iPhoto preferences and you can change it right on the first window to iPhoto, Image Capture, or none. Finally found the freaking thing. I got to a point where I was just yelling: "I [expletive deleted] hate you apeture, go the [expletive deleted] away!!! Then busting out into tears. ;)

13. pkiula macrumors member

This does NOT work. I already have No Application selected.

Any other ideas?

14. kavin60 macrumors newbie

Re:

hey...
    I am also having same problem with my iphone...please suggest me a solution as soon as possible...thanks..:)
    fusion techware