iPhone opens up random App Store pages while reading webpages.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dontwalkhand, Jun 6, 2014.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Does anyone else have this issue where they are reading an article or something, and then a random App Store page opens, all without even clicking on any links?

This is especially true with websites like BGR, iLounge, and Engadget.

This is getting annoying. Reading an article about an iPhone, or something, and then having a random App Store page open up regarding Farm Heroes Saga, or Maleficent Crush or some other rehash of Candy Crush for the 900th time.

2. kerrikins macrumors 65816

It's probably some sort of ad. You could try browsing with Adblock and see if that solves the issue for those webpages.

3. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

It's ads and they're quite annoying. There should be an option to decline opening the app store.

4. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Yes I'm getting the same thing. I kept thinking I was hitting an ad with my finger but I wasn't. :confused:

5. seble macrumors 6502a

Happens to me a lot more on my ipad than iPhone but yes its common. Sometimes safari asks me if i'd like to open this link in the App Store but most of the time it doesn't, it's flipping annoying, Apple should have it ALWAYS ask the user or have it as a banner within the browser or something...

6. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

if you're jailbroken, i believe iAdkiller disabbles this.

7. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I use adblockernetworks to block all ads and these redirects. They are annoying mostly because they just redirect you to the store without allowing you to cancel. I've had this hapoen when using a few free apps as well. I set adblockernetworks to block ads in each of my free apps and I no longer have that problem.

Isdkiller won't work because there's aren't caused from iAds, they are usually google ads.