iPhone Opinion

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DrMatatan, Jan 11, 2009.

1. DrMatatan macrumors newbie

Im new to the forums, but i just wanna share my opinions to whoever wishes to read them.
    I believe apple noticed the flaw in their OS design and the iPhones hardware capabilities, they didnt calculate the amount of hardware power they needed in order to provide its users with the features they wanted and more for the years to come. The flaw that didnt allow them to implement features and still provide great battery life and fluid and easy user experience from their hardware and OS. I believe this because of the simple features that are not on the iphone.

I believe that apple has worked out a way to cut and paste, and for integrated sms, mms and IM and the rest of the features iphone users want. The only problem is that the current hardware limitation on the current iphone dont allow the software features that we want. Because of the hardware of the current iphone, apple believes its not worth the trouble to make a cripple phone, have crippled features. Dont get me wrong i believe the current iphone is powerful, but its not capable to provide apple the resources it needs in order for them to add what we want and more.

I believe apple has made everything that we want and much more, but are testing it on their next upcoming phone device. Also the reason why they haven't released their promised and past due Push Notification System is because the whole badge alert idea was not worth the trouble on the current phone, so they improved the whole idea and will probably release it for their next phone device with a much better Notification System.

2. branjosef macrumors 6502a

branjosef

I thought Steve was trying to move away from MMS, which is why it wasn't included in the iphone. I thought he advocated for using the integrated email app to send and receive pics. As for copy and paste...I have no idea why that wasn't included

3. DrMatatan thread starter macrumors newbie

As long as theres a rerquest for a feature, they should add it.

4. branjosef macrumors 6502a

branjosef

I agree

5. DrMatatan thread starter macrumors newbie

What I find the most interesting though are the talks of the next iPhone hardware. I hope what ever apple has gained from the investments that they have made from P.A and the rest really make the next iPhone incredible. What kind of things can we look forward to from the companies apple has invested in? What can they bring to a device?

6. branjosef macrumors 6502a

branjosef

I personally don't see the iphone developing into anything other than a glorified toy. I see alot of potential for the platform but it seems that they are targeting a different market than the businessman or techy. The iphone could do so much, but unfortunately it will be limited to ifart applications, games, and social networking apps. Of course the occasional cool app will make it through but for the most part it will not be used for innovating technology, but rather for making money. I apologize for saying that. Eventually I do see from the iphone, other companies using it as a foundation to create a more elegant smart phone, one that can be marketed to adults. Maybe even apple will create a version of the iphone with that purpose in mind-I dont know

7. DrMatatan thread starter macrumors newbie

I hope not. Apple has shown that the iPhone can be used or business to some extent. The problem I see Is that the current way in which the application on the iPhone is used is very restricted. Until apple releases and loosens up the chains in the app store an their OS, I can't really see them evolving the phone for more business use. The app store is new and also the device. Maybe they are jut taking baby steps just to make sure that they do everything right. What apple had in mind was probably similar to what the palm pre does. Hopefully apps will be more open and flexible. I hope they shock the phone business again with their next phone.

8. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

This is Apple, it is always restricted. If you want business use, go get a Blackberry.

9. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

That made no sense at all. What does battery life and "power" have to do with most of what you're talking about? Only the push notification has anything to do with "power" and battery life, and I can guarantee that you and the same people bickering about the lack of such features would be bickering about battery life if the iPhone was all open. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

All you did is use the words "features," "power," "content," and, God almighty, "current" (as opposed to what?) over and over again without really making a point.

10. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Unfortunately, Apple dosen't.

They should unlimit it. Whenever I use any other smartphone, although I hate the UI or at least favour the iPhone one, I always find that some part of me prefers it because there are no artificial restrictions on it.

11. DrMatatan thread starter macrumors newbie

Im sorry if i couldn't be clear enough for you. What i was trying to say is that apple is not further working on improving the current iphone models, because i believe they are currently testing the new iphone models that are going to be released in the summer of 09. The reason for the delay in Push Notification is because of this same reason. The way they have implemented Push Notification on the new model works in a much better way than what they showed in wwdc08. The reason for the delay in feature upgrades on our current iphone is because they have updated the iphone OS and have also created a much better UI that works extremely well with the features we want and more. All of this will come with the new iphone model that will be announced and released in the summer of 09.

I hope thats clear enough. Again this is just my opinion, nothing more.