Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DroidConvert

macrumors regular
May 15, 2012
I'm sorry. I didn't realize that "notification light" was a standard definition and wasn't able to find any such definition on the internet.

And I bet your phone doesn't have a little green guy and can't shout "DROID" when it boots up. Just another thing that the iOS can't do! :eek:

emacna1

macrumors regular
May 31, 2012
And I bet your phone doesn't have a little green guy and can't shout "DROID" when it boots up. Just another thing that the iOS can't do! :eek:

You do understand that Droid and everything related to that is part of a Verizon marketing program, right?

Droid ≠ Android

DroidConvert

macrumors regular
May 15, 2012
You do understand that Droid and everything related to that is part of a Verizon marketing program, right?

Droid ≠ Android

You do understand that I was joking, right? It's in response to what's going on in this thread.

emacna1

macrumors regular
May 31, 2012
You do understand that I was joking, right? It's in response to what's going on in this thread.

Whoever was arguing against the iPhone "notification" has/d a valid argument. Not sure why your sarcastic comment was necessary.

DroidConvert

macrumors regular
May 15, 2012
whoever was arguing against the iphone "notification" has/d a valid argument. Not sure why your sarcastic comment was necessary.

It was a JOKE! Perhaps you should be more concerned about the trolling going on than members here making a joke.

Darthdingo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2010
Notification LED is a must on the iPhone-next. I love it on my Galaxy Nexus, and also had it on my Galaxy SII...EVO 4G...Nexus-One. Such a simple feature, but extremely useful.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
after seeing the larger screens on androids I am waiting to see what the next iphone has to offer. If the screen isn't to my liking, android will come into play. For me at least its about functionality more so than brand

seanpercival01

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2012
No Bashing any of the OSes,(unless it's windows phone 7)
Android is not iOS and iOS is not Android.

They are two completely different OSs with some similarities and many differences. They both do some things better then the other. My way to base your decision would be to base it on what you want to be able to do and how good is your tech knowledge.

1. If you are a person who is frequently away from your primary computer then an Android would be better for you. Androids allow you to sync it with your google services over the air. It allows you to get on any computer and wirelessly sync your computer through the web browsers.

2. If you are a person who doesn't know how to manage your music. Then you should get an Iphone Itunes makes it much easier to manage the various Media things on your Iphone.

3. If you may want to use your phone as a flash drive, then you should get an Android. To allow you to have the flash drive option.

4. If you have a difficult time getting use to new things, Then I iPhone is better. The Iphone is really easy to learn compared to android. Don't get me wrong android is easy to learn just not up to the level as an Iphone.

5. Do you want to install third party apps not on the App-store/marketplace. Go android it allows you to install what ever you want on to your phone.

6. If you want multiple Accessories then go for the Iphone. The 30pin Connection is quite amazing and nearly universal in allowing people buy millions of different accessories.

7. Want to customize your phone you should get an android. Androids have much more personalization options then Iphones.

8. Are you a forgetful person always losing your phone. go with the Iphone with mobile me or get a Chain surgically attached to your arm that attaches to your phone.

*If you want to play games with your phone then well this one they both win.
The iOS has more gaming APPS(keyword being apps.) While android has access to far more games via emulators. So for casual games the iOS wins for more sit down and longer games then the Android wins

I am an iPhone person and always.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.