iPhone or AT&T Discount

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AFPoster, Jul 21, 2008.

1. AFPoster macrumors 65816

I have been reading a few post's and topics and I have noticed these questions and I am curious if someone has the answer.
    I am military but I don't receive a discount on my iPhone purchase, but do I on my AT&T Plan?

I saw a post of a guy stating he made his wife the Primary account holder for the Teach Discount is this true?

I notice Education discounts (students / teachers) get bigger %'s than us Military members which seems unfair since we do more for our country and were at a bigger risk. So why do we get shunned upon with less of a % of a discount and sometimes none? Anyways my opinions just really curious to see if there is a discount with AT&T on the Family Plan for being a teacher because my wife is and I will get it since Military isn't supported.

2. dawg521 macrumors member

Hey I'm Army and I got a discount using my .mil email address. I think it comes out to be 15 or 20% (don't know for sure b/c I haven't gotten my phone and bill yet). I can't vouch for the claim that we get a smaller discount, but a 15% discount is better than none.

3. PcEhAoCsE macrumors newbie

Yes, you don't get a discount on top of the already discounted price, but you do get a %-age discount on the data/voice plan. I get 15% off for school, but I find it highly absurd that Military personnel would not get any sort of compensation/discount considering they get discounts on other 'luxury' items and the likes.

In order to truly find out if you get a discount, call up AT&T and keep on going up the ladder to talk to someone who is more than likely to be knowledgeable about this subject.

When in doubt, knowledge is always a phone call away.

4. View macrumors regular

I'm not sure how accurate that statement is, but I'm a college student and only get 5% discount on service plans. Teachers/Professors at my University get 15% And it seems 15% is very common.

5. toddngina macrumors member

I'm AF, and the discount is 15%. The 1G (2G, whatever) phones are NOT eligible for a discount on the family plan, but what you do is make sure you have a non-iPhone as the primary line, with the iPhone on the secondary. Then you are just missing out on the discount for the $9.99 (and $20 data) on the iPhone line, but the bulk of the plan is discounted.

The 3G iPhone IS eligible for military discount, no problem, the whole plan will be discounted.