iPhone or AT&T problem? Video included...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by island, Sep 14, 2007.

1. island macrumors 6502

island

So whenever I try to make a call, 90% of the time the bars go from 5 to 0 and back again a few times then it disconnects. I included a video to see if this happens to ayone else.

Going to the Apple store to switch it out tomorrow anyway so blah.

www.mediafire.com/?elnsndm2vmt

2. unity macrumors 6502a

If it does it pretty much anywhere, then its the phone. If it does it a specific place, home or office, then its the service.

3. island thread starter macrumors 6502

island

Does it with 3 iPhones in the same place at my office, but any other AT&T phone work fine.

On a side note, a 4GB iPhone owner came by today and his was fine. Weird eh....

4. unity macrumors 6502a

Very odd unless these three are from the same "batch"?

Have you by chance done a power-cycle at the location of problem. For some reason GSM phone don't always "see" a tower to hop to so they hang on for dear life to the old one.

The catch is that the signal strength does not update much at all, until you are on a call, then you see the real signal strength.

But doing a power cycle, just once, seems to update the phone. Sorta like updating the roaming codes used on CDMA phones.