Iphone or IOS 9.3 problem? Not sure

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wproct, Mar 29, 2016.

1. wproct macrumors 6502

wproct

This morning when trying to use my Iphone 5s, the following happened. Pushed the home screen to wake of the phone to unlock, when I tried to swipe right nothing happened for a bit, and then home screen came up but all the icons were so huge you only saw like maybe 1/8 of the screen and couldn't move them around to access all of them. Finally as a last resort I did a hard reset,by pushing and holding both home and power buttuns. When I powered the phone back up, all seemed ok. What say you, is this a hardware issue, or an IOS 9.3 issue? Hope it was a one time experience. Phone is out of warranty.

2. jetsam macrumors 6502

Have you inadvertently turned on Zoom?
    If so, this will fix it:
    Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Zoom -> Off

3. wproct thread starter macrumors 6502

wproct

Yes, jetsam, you are correct, I see that Zoom has been turned on by accident. Thank you for your suggestion, I appreciate it very much!

4. jetsam macrumors 6502

You're welcome!

It's possible (though I can't prove it) that Zoom got turned on, incorrectly, as a side-effect of your update to 9.3

Perhaps not related to your issue, but I found that when I installed 9.3, sound notifications got turned on for a number of apps. I have sound turned off for everything except messaging and phone, so I was more than a little surprised when things like weather updates started making sounds.