iPhone or iPad in Europe first

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kevingaffney, Apr 24, 2010.

1. kevingaffney macrumors 6502a

I was 100% sure I was going to get the top of range 3g iPad model when available here in Ireland. However it's looking increasingly likely we could be getting the new iPhone before the iPad launches here. That will be first priority for me and I'm wondering will the delayed launch coupled with upcoming iPhone launch affect initial sales in Europe. Sure, they'll sell well, but lots of customers won't feel like, or be able to afford two gadgets within probably four weeks of each other

2. jaeguyoon macrumors regular

The new iPhone hasn't even been officially announced yet.

3. Jinkst macrumors 6502

Umm. iPad is slated for international release in a month or so. Apart from a new OS, there's been no new hardware announcements yet for iPhone so there's no feasible way that will be coming out first. Unless I've missed some sort of fourth gen iPhone announcement this thread... Which I doubt...

4. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

However, the stock references are so low that I might get an iPhone before I get the iPad.

5. kultschar macrumors 6502a

No chance in hell that the iPhone will be out before the iPad 3G hits Europe!!

6. kevingaffney thread starter macrumors 6502a

Might not be before it but iphone will be available 1st week of July with OS4. At present rate, I doubt if smaller countries, like us here in Ireland will see iPad much before that, if at all

7. Jinkst macrumors 6502

Do me a favor and link me to something giving actual evidence that the new iPhone will be AVAILABLE in the first week of July... As of right now it's all speculation.

This is utter rubbish. The iPad will be in Europe before the iPhone. Whether stock levels allow any poster on here individually to get one has nothing to do with the thread title.

8. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

The iPad international launch in "late May" is limited to only nine countries, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the UK so there is no evidence that the iPad will be released in Ireland before a new iPhone model is announced.

I'm not saying the new iPhone will come out first, we'll just have to wait and see. :)

9. kevingaffney thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you Olly, that's the point of my original post. we've got new iphones each year here approximately first week of July, and there's no reason to believe this year will be any different. I'm not anticipating getting my hands on the iPad in Ireland before that unless I buy from outside the state

10. kevingaffney thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apparently new iPhone could now be released in June. iPad not available until late June in lots of European countries. Is my original post so stupid now

11. KingPasta macrumors member

KingPasta

You might have some luck.

Best Buy is coming to the UK.

http://www.bestbuy.co.uk/page/home.aspx

If Best Buy sell the iPad like they do in the US, then I wonder where best buy will ship?

Most UK retailers will ship to Ireland for a small increase on delivery charge.

12. Jinkst macrumors 6502

Well frankly yes. Although all signs point to a release in the next few months for a new iPhone it is still not announced.

I will also point to the FACT your thread title talks of "Europe" and not Ireland solely. I never once referenced Ireland itself, but addressed the original topic of Europe. So to the other poster saying the iPad will be released in those certain countries I'd like to know when Spain, Germany, France, Italy, Switzerland and the UK were excluded from Europe.

13. FlexPen76 macrumors regular

Why don't you just make the trip up north to Belfast and get it (iPad) from Victoria Square?