iPhone or iTouch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by madina, Oct 21, 2007.

1. madina macrumors newbie

madina

Which should I buy? iTouch is already released here in the UK however the iPhone is released next month. Im interested to know what's the difference?

Pro's and Cons?

2. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

ones a phone, the others not.
    ones got a camera, the other hasnt.
    They look different.

Once the SDK comes through, I'd imagine they'd be the same software-wise.

Threads like this are silly. If you need a phone, get the iPhone. If you want an iPhone just for the touch screen iPod features, get an iPod touch!

3. Geffen macrumors 6502

If you are looking for mostly music and touch screen capabilities i would get the iPod Touch thats if you dont want to sign a phone contract with the iPhone, the iPhone is a little thicker than the iPod Touch. If you are looking for an all in one iPod, Camera, Phone get the iPhone.

4. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

What do you need more:

A) A phone, camera and 8GB of storage
    B) No phone, or camera, and 16GB of music.

Whats more of a benefit to you? Phone or media (music, video)?

5. themanfromvlad macrumors 6502

themanfromvlad

Don't forget the speaker! I bought an iPhone even though I'm in canada and can't get out of my CDMA contract until July. I looked at the iPod touch and the iPhone long and hard, and I'm so happy I got the iPhone. Being able to watch TV shows or movies or Youtube without headphones is a major plus for me, and I use the camera all the time.

6. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I have both an iPhone and a iPod Touch...I hacked the Touch and it has all the programs the iPhone has and many more...I haven't hacked the iPhone yet because I have a PPC Mac...I do find that the Iphone is just a better built unit...the Display is of better quality (the video PQ is much better on the iPhone than on the Touch), and the overall speed of the iPhone seems noticeably faster (I have heard that the iPhone has a faster processe than the Touch as well)...But, for those times I do not need the phone I just take the Touch as it is a great PMP and does have the WiFi if needed...

7. madina thread starter macrumors newbie

madina

Thank you ManFromVlad for your help.
    No thanks to NotSoFatJames... Very Helpful!

I just wanted to get an idea of what each was capable of doing without reading the whole spec. For instance its very handy to know the Ipod Touch doesnt have a speaker and the iPhone does.

My phone contract ends soon so and since I work in the web/video industry im interested in having a device that can display video content created by myself.

I have have a photographer friend whos has just started to use an iPod touch to display his photos to clients obviously sound via a speaker is not neccessary for photos.

"Nice Touch" ;)

8. madina thread starter macrumors newbie

madina

Thank you ManFromVlad for your help.

No thanks to NotSoFatJames... Very Helpful!

I just wanted to get an idea of what each was capable of doing without reading the whole spec. For instance its very handy to know the Ipod Touch doesnt have a speaker and the iPhone does.

My phone contract ends soon so and since I work in the web/video industry im interested in having a device that can display video content created by myself.

I have have a photographer friend whos has just started to use an iPod touch to display his photos to clients obviously sound via a speaker is not neccessary for photos.

"Nice Touch" ;)

9. beeeen macrumors member

yeah basically if you want/need a new phone, and you are willing to pay the extra data plan fees, go for the phone. If you don't wanna deal with a contract, and if you have a legit phone, then go for the touch. You can hack the touch so it's bascially the phone without the phone option/camera. So just think about what you need more....

10. marcol macrumors regular

Also no external volume controls on the Touch. You can't just reach into you pocket to adjust the volume.

Not sure if the Touch supports headphones with a button for play/pause, skip, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't ship with a pair at least. Perhaps others could comment.

11. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

It does not...and will not work with headphone remotes...

12. marcol macrumors regular

Thanks. That and the absence external volume controls would be big issues for me. C'mon November 9, hurry up!!!

13. libraritine macrumors member

is there any point in buying the iPhone without the contract, so no EDGE?