Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puremagic

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
I currently have a 30g video Ipod and a MDA Vario phone on Tmobile.

I don't really want to change provider as I dont really like o2.

I was looking at the 16g touch as it has wifi and net access on.

Then when my phone contract runs out I can get a phone that does just text/talk and email.

Any advice would be brilliant.

Cheers

Pure :)

FunkyJunk

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2007
Leesburg, VA, USA
Kind of depends on how many devices you want to carry around with you. Personally, I hate carrying around a bunch of stuff and I love the idea of a single device that does (nearly) everything. I got an iPhone.

If you're female and have a purse to carry around (or a man with a man-bag), and don't particularly care about having only one device, what the hell -just stick with what you've got!

tefleming

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2006
ATL
I went the two device route.

I jail broke my iPod Touch and haven't looked back. Full Safari, Calendar, Mail, some games, etc.

It's worked out great. I didn't want to sign a two year contract and the touch is thinner.

Just my $.02 (or roughly £.009)

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
I currently have a 30g video Ipod and a MDA Vario phone on Tmobile.

I don't really want to change provider as I dont really like o2.

I was looking at the 16g touch as it has wifi and net access on.

Then when my phone contract runs out I can get a phone that does just text/talk and email.

Any advice would be brilliant.

Cheers

Pure :)

Sounds like you've more or less already made up your mind. They say your first gut reaction is usually the best one, so go with that. If you don't want to switch providers to O2 then stick with what you have and get an iPod Touch.

puremagic

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Thanks.

I think I will got for the Itouch and just get a phone that is smaller when my contract expires.

Roll on the weekend.

Pure :D

jrichie

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2003
Aus
That is the same conclusion I had :

Get the 16gb touch and [getting a new] a smaller phone that can easily carried in my pocket.

I always have a bag on me mind you so I also carry a decent camera also - I have always wanted one device, but it will never substitute the quality of individual products.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.