iPhone or Laptop

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheZimm, Sep 22, 2008.

1. TheZimm macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

Aight,
    So I have a touch and am wanting something a little more. I want something with internet in more places. iPhone ha it, but if I get one of those like direct connect cards then I'm good to go. So my question is what should I get. I'm leaning more to the iPhone because then it could replace my bulky treo(680) and reduce two things in my pocket to one. Bu, a laptop has much more ability. But I really love the touch screen and the interface of he iPhone. But a laptop can open full pages in safari and stuff...

You can see my dilemma

Zym

2. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I had the Touch and phone combo too. I also have a laptop. If going on an overnight, (and not sure if there would be wi-fi available) I'd take my laptop. I have the 17" MBP and it would get kind of heavy to carry around. I sold the touch, ditched my RAZR and i love the iPhone. For those overnights, i have everything with me i need. Naturally, if i actually need to do work somewhere or open up a design program, i need the laptop. It depends on how often you really need the full size monitor and access to professional programs. There is an app that allows you to access your homebase computer too. I've read it works very well. That is an option too.

3. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

Depends what you need to do while you are on the internet.

Sure the iPhone can use the Internet, but it's still limited.

4. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

The iphone is an amazing device, but it will still limited in flash player, and even youtube (youtube videos mus t be converted before they can be watched on an iphone) I would take the laptop since you already have the touch.

5. Rigsby macrumors regular

I just don't get this question. iPhones and laptops are totally different. I could understand if you were asking whether to get an Air or a Pro (lighter and smaller but at the expense of power), but being unable to choose between a phone or a computer???

Do you need a full keyboard? Are you actually going to be working, or just light surfing? Do you really want to get a laptop out when you're in the pub with mates and need to settle a bet?

Only you know what you'll be using it for, but they are very different items so it shouldn't be hard to decide.