iPhone or New Ipod toouch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by scotty96LSC, Apr 30, 2009.

1. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

My family contract is running up with t-mobile in a few months and I've been kicking around the idea of moving to AT&T and getting the iPhone and selling my 1st gen. iPod touch.
    I think my iPod touch is in the top five purchases I have made in the past five years. It does everything but make calls. And there is the rub.
    I have to carry a separate device to get and receive calls at this point.
    But the problem I'm having is justifying paying that $70+ a month for data plan and phone service. $70 for convenience, I just don't know.
    What is really weighing on me is the fact I only get maybe three or four calls a month and make just about the same amount. But the convenience of carrying one equipment piece instead of two, and the fact that the new iPhone will have even more "goodies" will definately peek my interest.
    Do I move up or stick with my friend the iPod touch? Hopefully you folks can provide me the pluses and minuses to help me. Thanks in advance.

2. aok1975 macrumors 6502

Since money is an issue, I say stay with the touch. I bought the touch in january last year and switched to the iphone 3g in june. You are the only that can make that decision. And since you dont make that many calls, what really is the point of the phone. Better yet, sell your touch and buy an iphone from ebay or craigslist (350-400 for 8gb estimate) and use ATT prepaid service.

3. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

I would probably stay with the iPod touch.

Too bad its not like Canada where you can place any phone plan on it with no data plan. So if you disable data these allows you to have a cheaper phone bill, yet still have access to data via wifi.