iPhone or not: I need your help to chose the right road.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AGX, Aug 25, 2015.

1. AGX macrumors regular

Hello to all,

So therefore, I need your advice and your help, because otherwise I do not do a decision.

At present I have a little old legendary 4, an iphone 5, but now I'm considering switching to 6. I know that will be released on 6S but I'm thinking to use some recent offers that are making lower price.

The problem is this, I'm doing some considerations if for my use, it is still worthwhile to remain on the iPhone or not.

I state one thing, once you take a device, I keep it as long as I can, especially with the costs that these Apple devices.

Returning to us, of course, the aesthetics are important, and there is nothing to do, it affects iPhone and satisfies the eye, which honestly I have never find it with Android devices.

Again, I say, let go, it's time to mature and not give too much importance to the aesthetic factor.

We come to my needs:

- I always wanted a device that would not be abandoned after a short time, plague of Android.

- I want a device with the camera at the top, not in terms of mere megapixels, but the final quality, here i'm high demanding

- I am not a fanatic of the app, essentially use: WhatApp, Spotify, iTunes and other applications for listening to music in the car, browser, client areas of the various phone operators, internet browser, email, flickr, i don't use Facebook and Instagram and other social (i hate social network)

I've never played on a phone, both to preserve the battery and also because I always alas many commitments :(

In your opinion, at this point, iPhone 6 16 GB would be good for me? (the 64 GB is priced too high for me)

Or, it's time to look around and evaluate other saw the modest use of the App?

I decided to abandon android, because it's not good for me, and i don't like Google.

I thought to try again with WindowsPhone, I tested a 640 rand I was surprised, but sadly I had to return to the vendor because it has some hardware defects, and I preferred to make a refund. Now I was reflecting on the 640XL. (less that 200 USD).

But WP is not iPhone, it don't give the same quality and emotional feel, for the app, the most that i use are all available.

Now they are at a turning point, driven mainly by the reasoning in economic terms, I do not know what to do, i think that the price of Apple iPhone is too high, overpriced but it's a very good device, i think the perfect smartphone, but the price... it seem an insult to the people that don't have work or that don't have a good economic situation , I know no one forces me to buy an iPhone, but i use my brain and sometime i think to the people that actually don't find a work, and i'm evaluating if is the right road continue to give my money to Apple... overpriced product into an era where there are a lot of other competitor, like Windows Phone... but what competitor is capable to give the same experience (or better) ?

But really .... based on my use, on the app that i use daily, etc.... do you think that Apple is the right road for me?

Thanks for the advice that you give me.

2. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

Sounds like the iPhone 6s with its camera improvements would the the perfect phone for you (minus its cost). Have you considered selling your other iPhones to offset the price? Perhaps you can trade-in your iPhone 4 when the 6s comes out if there's a $200 trade-in credit for a new iPhone like there usually is?

3. nickchallis92 macrumors 6502a

nickchallis92

If you want aesthetics, get the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge +

Honestly I've never seen such a good looking phone.

4. Internaut macrumors 6502a

The OS debate is pretty much over. There's very little between iOS and stock Android. 16GB is fine, if you want to stream content. Otherwise, there may be some financial pain. I'd be disappointed if the 6s doesn't simply have the best mobile (small sensor) camera of any smartphone. It all depends on preferences. I like to keep a foot in both ecosystems. The S6 Edge is a lovely bit of hardware, but you don't get stock Android.

Big plus for Apple (IMHO)? When they say they produce a model with x amount of storage, they actually mean to sell it to you. I've heard too many half truths from the various Android makers, where only those models with the lowest levels of memory/storage are actually obtainable.

5. doitdada macrumors 6502a

doitdada

I've tried switching to Android a several times, when Apple didn't have anything to compete with the big screens on the Note series. I also bought an iPhone 6 Plus a few weeks ago, discounted around the 200 dollar mark, and I still haven't decided if I want to keep it.

It's just easier to use an iPhone if you like the ecosystem, else you should go for Samsung.

6. sartrekid macrumors 6502

The iPhone 6 is good but if you want a better camera than the iPhone 6, a better screen and an aesthetically appealing phone that isn't iPhone, then you should get a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge as already recommended above.