iPhone or T-Mobile Phone?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by .:Meh:., Jul 18, 2009.

1. .:Meh:. macrumors newbie

My contract with T-Mobile runs up in December and right now I'm stuck with a crappy TMo Shadow. Should I wait until December and switch to AT&T for the iPhone 3GS or renew my contract with TMo a couple months early and buy the myTouch 3G or the HTC Touch Pro 2? I'm pretty sure both of those phones are launching in the first week or two of August.

2. travisjacques macrumors member

Is there an option to stay without a contract with Tmobile? I much prefer having no contract if it is available. Also, not sure about your area but where i live, AT&T is really the only carrier with stellar service, you may want to look into the service your friends/coworkers get on their AT&T phones as opposed to your Tmobile and that may sway your decision some.

p.s. I played with a 3GS the other day, and its web browsing is really fast. Ill be getting one as soon as i can upgrade. ^^

3. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Do you have good service where you are with T-Mobile? Staying would be a good idea since their plans are much cheaper than AT&T. The myTouch and the TP2 are both good phones ( I've played with them both).

You could also look into buying a new T-mo phone off-contract (or any other unlocked phone) so that your payment becomes month-to-month, so that you can leave T-Mo whenever you want, so if a really awesome phone comes out on another carrier, you would be free to leave and go get it.

Personally, I considered switching to AT&T, but since I've been with T-Mobile for a while, I get the unlimited loyalty plan. So for $84.99 a month, I get unlimited minutes, unlimited internet & email, and unlimited texts. I'm happy with T-Mobile, with no plans of switching anytime soon.

4. johnnyxhuynh macrumors regular

johnnyxhuynh

I have finally unlocked my iPhone 3GS and plan to keep it with T-Mobile instead of AT&T. Gotta love the Unlimited Loyalty Plan for less than $50 a month! Not to mention, their customer service has always been superb.

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

How did you acquire that 3GS? Things are selling ridiculously expensive on ebay right now.

6. johnnyxhuynh macrumors regular

johnnyxhuynh

Got the iPhone for my birthday. So now, I'll just pay AT&T the EFT after 30 days of service and keep the iPhone for T-Mobile. Sure, I'm paying the EFT, pro-rated service charges, etc... but the phone was free in the first place! So IMO, it all works out for me.