iphone or touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bosox2502, Jul 2, 2008.

1. bosox2502 macrumors newbie

So i was planning on buying an ipodtouch refurb 8gb for 249. my friend wants to sell his 4gb iphone to me for 200-225. It wont be used as my music source i have a nano for that i just want it for video and cuz I dont have a laptop. I am leaning towards the touch because idk if 4 gigs is enough to hold all of the apps and stuff i will use.

tell me what you think i should do

2. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

Buy the iPod touch. And learn standard English and grammar; it will improve your understandability.

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

If you want a phone, get the phone. If not, get the iPod. Easy as that.

4. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

The fact that you can choose either one is suprising. Using the iphone involves more than buying it. It involves a monthly fee. Its really like comparing apples and oranges.

5. kabunaru Guest

Get the iPod Touch now.
    Get a new iPhone someday in the future. :)

6. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

I'm tempted to do the same. But I'd miss the ability to have internet where ever I want using some data plan. Just the savings on being able to price match any time in the middle of the store would be nice. Or the wasted time for the darn store employee to find it on their own website, usually always having trouble.

But my hope for a device like this is to always have it with me. And seeing how I have to have my cell where ever I go, I'd then have these amazing features at my finger tips with an iPhone. If it was a separate device like the iTouch, I'd always be hesitating on taking it with me or not, and often not be with me when I'd really need it.

I think of it like this. You know how you can buy a dvd movie and it goes unopened for years, but the moment it shows up on tv, suddenly you take the time to sit and watch it. Usually this is due to the freedom of watching it on tv, while with a dvd, you have to commit to sitting down for 2 hours if you put it in.

With an iTouch, it would feel like I'd have to commit to doing something with it if I took it with me, say compared to conveniently having all those features built into a cell phone that you always have reason to take with you.