Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

playafly187

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
Like many of you yesterday, I was trying to preorder from both Apple and AT&T's website. At one point I got to the Submit Order button on AT&T but once clicked, it timed out with a random server error.

I eventually did get my order in at Apple, got a confirmation email and all.

Today I get an email from AT&T about my "recent AT&T order". It shows I ordered the iPhone 4 today (haven't even been on AT&T's site today). I called AT&T about this but got someone overseas who was no help at all.

I just talked to an Apple guy, he thought it was just as odd and hilarious as I did. He asked if I wanted two iPhones... I said no but if I could get two without a 2nd contract, sure and that I would sell it. His reply was "yeah you'd get a lot of money too". So at this point I was kinda unsure what to say, so I asked him what he would do... he said "well I can't give you my opinion since this is being recorded, but... do what you feel is best for you!" We both had a good laugh and I was like "yeah I think I know what you would do!".

Anyone else have this issue? I guess at this point I'm just going to let it play out and see what happens.

ProMod

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2005
Like many of you yesterday, I was trying to preorder from both Apple and AT&T's website. At one point I got to the Submit Order button on AT&T but once clicked, it timed out with a random server error.

I eventually did get my order in at Apple, got a confirmation email and all.

Today I get an email from AT&T about my "recent AT&T order". It shows I ordered the iPhone 4 today (haven't even been on AT&T's site today). I called AT&T about this but got someone overseas who was no help at all.

I just talked to an Apple guy, he thought it was just as odd and hilarious as I did. He asked if I wanted two iPhones... I said no but if I could get two without a 2nd contract, sure and that I would sell it. His reply was "yeah you'd get a lot of money too". So at this point I was kinda unsure what to say, so I asked him what he would do... he said "well I can't give you my opinion since this is being recorded, but... do what you feel is best for you!" We both had a good laugh and I was like "yeah I think I know what you would do!".

Anyone else have this issue? I guess at this point I'm just going to let it play out and see what happens.

I'm in your exact situation, and am doing exactly what you're doing. Waiting to see how it plays out. There are a few other threads on this too if you want to search them and get caught up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.