iPhone Order Problem from Apple.com

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jw nyc, Jun 11, 2009.

  1. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

    Jan 31, 2008
    I received my confirmation email about an hour after I purchased on apple.com but I realized I made a mistake when I ordered! I paid with two credit cards with two different billing addresses (it only allowed me to enter one billing address). On the Apple store though it says that if you use two credit cards they have to have the same billing address (didn't realize that until after!). If I got a confirmation email does that mean it worked anyway?
  2. bjquach macrumors 6502

    Jul 8, 2008
  3. BG-Mac macrumors 6502

    Jul 31, 2007
    Definitely just call Apple and they'll take care of it.
  4. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Jan 31, 2008
    I just spoke to them and they told me that it was confirmed which means there is no problem. I don't know if I trust the rep I spoke to b/c they technically haven't charged my credit card yet and there might be an issue when they try to. Am I wrong?
  5. joro macrumors 68020


    Jun 11, 2009
    Take it from someone that works at a bank, your card issuer doesn't require a billing address to complete a transaction. It's the responsibility of the merchant to collect it should later down the road a fraud claim is filed for the transaction - at which point the merchant would turn over that information proving due diligence.
  6. atomic3 macrumors newbie

    Oct 30, 2007
    True. That's why you don't need to provide an address when purchasing something in a store via credit card. BUT...that doesn't mean Apple's transaction processing system won't validate both cards against the billing address provided when they go to authorize the sale. My guess is they will.

    Your best bet is to either cancel the order and put it all one one card, or change the billing address on whichever card to match what you entered in your order ASAP. That's what I would do to ensure my highly anticipated iPhone arrived on the 19th. You could do nothing and wind up with your sale going through without a problem, but you risk an issue and a potential delay in getting your beloved 3G S. I wouldn't take a crazy chance like that :p

Share This Page