Iphone ordering / waiting list question

Britishlion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
UK
Hi Everyone

I have been lurking for a few months now, reading all the threads etc, but have finally jumped in to get involved !

I have never bought the Iphone on release before and have always bought it a few months after. I have now sold my iphone 4 in readiness for the 4s/5 (or whatever it is going to be).

My question is, I do not want the phone on contract, I will pay cash to Apple for a sim free phone but how do you order online or get on the waiting list, does the apple store accept pre orders after it has been announced, or do you have to wait till launch for it to be online ordered ?

I dont fancy queuing outside the Apple store at the Trafford centre !

Thanks in advance !

BL

bookwormsy

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
If history serves me correctly, Apple will announce the iPhone at some point in time, it shipping a few days later. At that time, people can order it. At some time in the future, a few weeks, it should start shipping and be available for pickup at the Apple Store. You'd need to preorder online after it is announced, and you can choose to pick it up or have it delivered.

However, if it goes the route of the new iPad, It'd be availiable the same day as announced, at which point you'd have to order online and wait, or go to the Apple Store and hope you can the any they have in stock.

Certinfy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2011
London
So when ordering online do you have to pay online if you're going to pick it up instore or do you have to pay when you go and collect it?

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
In the US you order online and can have it delivered to your hot little hands usually before it's available in the store.

You can always wait and have it delivered to the store. Kinda silly. I don't believe in waiting.

FrankieG889D

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2009
I'm pretty sure you aren't charged for the iPhone if you are pre-ordering it until the device is shipped.

Britishlion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
UK
In the US you order online and can have it delivered to your hot little hands usually before it's available in the store.

You can always wait and have it delivered to the store. Kinda silly. I don't believe in waiting.
I'm pretty sure you aren't charged for the iPhone if you are pre-ordering it until the device is shipped.
You pay with your credit card online.

Thanks for all your help everyone !

Just got to wait for the pre release information now :D:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.