Iphone ordering / waiting list question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Britishlion, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Britishlion macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone

I have been lurking for a few months now, reading all the threads etc, but have finally jumped in to get involved !

I have never bought the Iphone on release before and have always bought it a few months after. I have now sold my iphone 4 in readiness for the 4s/5 (or whatever it is going to be).

My question is, I do not want the phone on contract, I will pay cash to Apple for a sim free phone but how do you order online or get on the waiting list, does the apple store accept pre orders after it has been announced, or do you have to wait till launch for it to be online ordered ?

I dont fancy queuing outside the Apple store at the Trafford centre !

Thanks in advance !

BL

2. bookwormsy macrumors 6502

If history serves me correctly, Apple will announce the iPhone at some point in time, it shipping a few days later. At that time, people can order it. At some time in the future, a few weeks, it should start shipping and be available for pickup at the Apple Store. You'd need to preorder online after it is announced, and you can choose to pick it up or have it delivered.

However, if it goes the route of the new iPad, It'd be availiable the same day as announced, at which point you'd have to order online and wait, or go to the Apple Store and hope you can the any they have in stock.

3. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

So when ordering online do you have to pay online if you're going to pick it up instore or do you have to pay when you go and collect it?

4. Britishlion thread starter macrumors newbie

That would have been my next question !

Thanks for the help !! :)

5. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Thank you ;) I've been wondering the exact same thing as you were but just never asked it, so glad you made this thread. :D

6. bookwormsy macrumors 6502

7. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

In the US you order online and can have it delivered to your hot little hands usually before it's available in the store.

You can always wait and have it delivered to the store. Kinda silly. I don't believe in waiting.

8. FrankieG889D macrumors member

I'm pretty sure you aren't charged for the iPhone if you are pre-ordering it until the device is shipped.

9. Britishlion thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all your help everyone !

Just got to wait for the pre release information now :D:D