Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dean1012

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Hi all, this is my first post to this forum.

I have the original iPhone and it has never been unlocked or jailbroken.

I had no problems installing 2.0 from the download link posted on macrumors.

But, I notice a couple of annoying bugs. I'm curious if anyone else is noticing these bugs on the original iPhone.

For one, when I open the camera app (and the camera roll is empty) and I take a photo, the photo appears as a white block and when I try to open it, the camera app closes. Once I reopen the camera app, the white block is gone and the camera roll is empty again.

If I leave the white block there and take a few more photos, the additional photos work. In other words, i'm saying that to take photos using the camera app, there has to be at least one photo already in the camera roll. Anyone have this bug?

It is quite annoying.

The other bug is that if you click a photo in an email, it prompts you to save it. If you select to save it, the iphone takes a long time and then I can't find the photo anywhere. Any ideas where the photo might be? or is this feature broken right now?

I hope these are widespread bugs and that they'll be fixed soon. I'd hate to think i'm the only one experiencing these issues.

Thank You,
Jerry

DenniZ

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2007
Liverpool, UK
None of the ones regarding the photo's although an annoying feature is my email accounts can't be refreshed all at once now. Not a big problem i guess.

dalcorn1

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
I've had a LOT of crashes. Havent tried the camera thing yet though. Facebook seems to be the most bugged app. Viewing peoples profile picture galleries crashes it completely.

Nik

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2007
Germany
My iPhone did crash two times entirely. Complete reboot.
It just happens when I start an application.

Mikey B

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
the island
only real bug for me is Contacts.app. Like mentioned above, when I click on the bar to search, the app seems to hang. A couple times while scrolling it had a "hiccup."

iPhelim

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2007
I love having the 2.0 software early but oh my god, firstly it took me about 5 hours to install it without error codes as long as my arm, and now loads and loads of Apple and AppStore apps crash, over and over. To top it all off Mail just wont run, whatever i do.

scotty56

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2008
Oregon
I love having the 2.0 software early but oh my god, firstly it took me about 5 hours to install it without error codes as long as my arm, and now loads and loads of Apple and AppStore apps crash, over and over. To top it all off Mail just wont run, whatever i do.

Really? It went very easily for me. None of the problems you list here for me.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
There is a bug with the AIM app where if you leave the application and then go back in it, any received IM's would register as being received, but the messages would be blank.

rjohnstone

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2007
PHX, AZ.
No issues here.
All apps working just fine.
A few new dialogs threw me at first, but nothing I would call a bug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.