iPhone OS 3.0 Video

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by d4rklamp, Apr 14, 2009.

1. d4rklamp macrumors regular

As from 3.0 Beta 2, there has been evidence of video recording... So does this means that iPhone 3G will be able to record videos with the os 3.0 as well?

2. ViPa macrumors 6502a

its a possibility..the iphone is capable of video recording, we saw that on jailbroken iphones with cycorder, etc...or apple may be saving video recording for the next gen iphone which will also use firmware 3.0

3. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/7A259g Safari/525.20)

Won't happen. Apple will use that feature to sell the next iPhone. Plus Apple's said the NAND in the 2G/3G is too slow to write video over 15fps.

4. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Link please, I'd love to read this.

5. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I heard that too. I think they mentioned it at the 3.0 demo.

6. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

It was mentioned in one of the various Keynotes or Q&A's, can't remember which one. I'm sure with a bit of Googling you can find it. But you can check the Cycorder page, Saurik even claims the maximum you can get out of the current iPhone is 15fps:
    You can bet that the combination of a better camera and newer NAND chips will allow recording at 30fps in the new iPhone. That will probably be the main feature to try to get 3G owners to upgrade. It's a legit hardware limitation (if you consider 15fps a limitation). Personally, I wouldn't want to shoot video at only 15fps.