Iphone OS 3.1 and iTunes 9 issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kevindp, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Kevindp macrumors newbie

I updated my itunes the other day and it seems to be working fine, but I updated my iPhone 3g to OS 3.1 yesterday, after I downloaded the file from itunes, I got a message letting me know "my phone is getting ready for update" after this message, itunes quit out of nowhere.
    now, every time I turn my phone on I just get the connect to itunes logo. I tried to reinstall itunes, but this didnt lead to anything.
    Also, every time I try to hard reboot to attempt to downgrade back to 3.0 iTunes just quits.
    I am now without a phone and would like to fix this issue assp! Any suggestions?

2. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

try reinstalling iTunes 9, instead of iPhone OS 3.1 or 3.0. it sounds more like an issue with iTunes than your phone

3. Kevindp thread starter macrumors newbie

I've been trying but it hasnt done anything different. I have an ipod classic as well and it syncs with no issues at all

4. nippyjun macrumors 65816

The update file could be corrupt. Delete the file (or save it somewhere else) and then let itunes redownload the update and try again.